Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happened to me again this morning. Rebooting the console wouldn't fix it this time, but the pulling the fuse did. Both times it happened was after leaving from home in the morning, so I'm wondering if it is just unable to get back on LTE after being on my home Wifi. I'm going to try keeping Wifi off for a while to see if it helps.

Having this problem in the morning is annoying because Maps will not show me the traffic ahead, which is important in deciding which route to take to work. Even worse, Maps shows me stale traffic information from the previous evening, with red lines matching the evening commute rather than the morning. It should just show nothing if the traffic data is that far out of date. Oh well, everything else about my new car is awesome :)

I've noticed that ever since my car was switched over to the new servers a couple of days ago, traffic and Google maps have not been very reliable. I don't see traffic lines on the screen for a long period of time. In addition, if I'm using navigation and I don't go the route on the map, the big screen will not recalculate the new route, while the Navigon system does update. So the mapping issue may not be related to LTE but to slow servers.

I'm due to have LTE installed on the 24th. After reading about all the problems people are having I'm wondering if I should wait.

I had my MS worked on by a ranger. I had the LTE upgrade 3 weeks ago. I took a trip to Florida and it worked the whole way there and back. This past Sunday it worked in the A.M. until about 11:15 then I lost the LTE symbol, I tried multiple resets, called support and tried their advanced reset method, none of which worked. I was not comfortable getting into the fuses so they sent a ranger. He got it fixed in just about 5 minutes. I am now posting this from the MS so it is working at this time. The ranger said it was a firmware problem that should be fixed soon. I hope the workaround lasts until that fix comes through.

Peace,

Father Bill

Parked at the Atlanta airport and lost LTE as well. I checked about 30 minutes after parking and it was gone. (parking was terrible so we ended up on the top deck out in the open so there was no connection issues by location) When we arrived back at the car there were 2 bars showing on connectivity and no LTE or 3G next to it. No Internet, no Slacker, no traffic, no connectivity of any kind. Rebooted 2 times and on the 2nd attempt all was good. As a side note I have an 85D delivered June with 3G and upgraded to LTE about 2-3 weeks ago.

I knew I could count on this forum. My LTE stopped working yesterday. Tried the steering wheel reboot twice with no help. So I thought, "No big deal. I am sure there is some info on the forum about how to fix the issue."
Fuse reset fixed the problem......but the issue came back today. This time a reboot fixed it.

I'm having the same problem. I picked up my car end of June (LTE) enabled. I tried the "hold both scroll wheels to reset approach x3, while driving, parked, held until "T" appeared on screen, long enough for both dash and console reset" and no luck.

I found the post below on how to fix, but I wanted to have the service center confirm the steps and the process. I scheduled an appointment (they told me to plan on 2 hour window to fix), and then my LTE started to work. I cancelled, and 2 days later it was out again. So I drove the car to the service center. I talked with mechanic, he was very helpful and polite. It only took 15 minutes from start to finish and looks simple. He followed the procedure below, so i know it is safe.. If this is going to be a re-occuring issue, I think Tesla needs to provide a good old fashion $.25 on/off switch to perform the reset.

I was told by SC this is clearly this is an issue with software updates. The mother ship fixes some bugs and breaking other items. Argh!

Good luck.

clip_image002.png
Originally Posted by yoyo
Here is what I got from SC that fixed the issue. SC suspect that it is the latest firmware related and have been at least 2. I did not want to drive to SC so they walked me through over the phone. It required pulling the fuse for the MCU.

1) open the fuse box in the frunk on the passenger side. You see a bunch of colorful fuses in the red box.
2) The yellow 20amp fuse for MCU is in the top row (closest to the windshielf), 4th column counting from the right side (you are facing it, so the right side is toward the middle of the car). It is yellow color. Below it is a green 30amp. On its right is a green 30amp, and on its left is a brown 5amp. Make sure you identify the right one.
3) use a pliers to pull it out
4) leave it for at least 3 minutes --- make sure over 3 minutes
5) push it back, and the MCU will reset itself

Same story here - LTE stopped working last week (showed the signal strength bars but no "LTE" badge), multiple reboots did not fix it, but pulling the fuse did.

Service center wanted me to bring the car in, but I wanted to try the fuse trick first. Will let them know, and see if they're aware if the newest software happens to fix it.

Same story here - LTE stopped working last week (showed the signal strength bars but no "LTE" badge), multiple reboots did not fix it, but pulling the fuse did.

Service center wanted me to bring the car in, but I wanted to try the fuse trick first. Will let them know, and see if they're aware if the newest software happens to fix it.
The OTA update was released mid-last week, and fixes the problem. Make sure your car is on WiFi or that LTE is working when you shut the car off, so you receive the update. The Service Center can "sideload" it in person if that's faster/easier for you.

The OTA update was released mid-last week, and fixes the problem. Make sure your car is on WiFi or that LTE is working when you shut the car off, so you receive the update. The Service Center can "sideload" it in person if that's faster/easier for you.

What is the version of the firmware you got? I am still on .36 and I have not gotten the upgrade available screen yet. Any info would be appreciated.

Peace,

Father Bill

Hello, my MS was upgraded to LTE over a year ago, MCU wasn't replaced at the time. My LTE and Wifi wasn't working this week, Bluetooth connection was fine and MCU was responsive. I did the MCU reset multiple times, while driving and while parked with no success. So I called the local service center and gave them last 6 of my VIN. They pulled the logs and found that the MCU needed replacement, going in Tuesday for a MCU replacement.

Happy Holidays!
Cheers