TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

LTE not working

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by TESLΛ, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TESLΛ

TESLΛ Member

Hey guys,

I picked up my new Model S yesterday! Exciting stuff. A full review to come. Some alignment issues which were disappointing so I will have to bring it back in soon. However, overall a lovely car. Driving experience is certainly a joy.

But this morning, taking out on the road, I was streaming Spotify a few minutes - then it stopped streaming and I noticed there were no longer any LTE connection. Couldn't get any all day.

Will of course reach out to Tesla coming working days, but just checking in with you guys to see if I'm missing something here..?

Thanks!

2. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

How gross would alignment issues have to be in order to be discovered immediately upon delivery? Lets hope it was manhandling by shipper rather than a factory release.
    --

3. TESLΛ

TESLΛ Member

Some small alignment issues on the doors. But the worst, which amazes me that it can pass 'QC', is what is shown in the photo attached. Love the car so far, but I spotted this at Tesla when I was picking it up. Needless to say, Service Center will contact me this week to schedule a fix. But for any new car, offering this to a new customer with an issue like this is very bad. This is more than an alignment issue.

IMG_7576.jpg

4. FishHead

FishHead Member

Hi, congratulations on the Tesla MS. You'll love it eventually after the teething problems. My LTE also died on me shortly after delivery. Apparently it was a problem with the software - they changed provider from PCCW to Smartone and the old code was still trying to connect to PCCW. Happened after I tried rebooting the car.

You need to bring it back to them and they will reset it for you. Happy motoring!

5. TESLΛ

TESLΛ Member

Thanks FishHead! Well I already love it for sure. So smooth. Such a different driving experience. Really enjoy driving again!

Yes I tried to reboot the big screen and that seemed to have solved the problem. LTE came back on again, and seems to stay on as I've checked a few times during the day (remotely).

Just getting used to it now as it's quite wide. Tried the supercharger at Lincoln building in Taikoo a few days ago. Woah so tight to exit...

6. Chong

Chong Member

Well, at least you guys have LTE. I only have 3G on mine. It's slow when loading the navigation maps. Does it mean, cars delivered earlier can't be upgraded to LTE?

7. jsiu

jsiu Member

Yes, you can upgrade from 3G to LTE. Anyway, I don't quite need it.

8. Chong

Chong Member

How? By going back to the workshop?

9. wongsters

wongsters Member

My MS is 3G as well. I just called technical support. Apparently LTE is only available for new cars delivered since Oct last year. Right now they have no plans to upgrade unless your 3G modem needs to be replaced. I suppose you may request to replace the modem but they may charge for that.

10. Chong

Chong Member

I suspect so. Thanks for the information