Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Signal Meter/Hardware question(s)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never paid much attention to this in my 2018 Model S because AT&T is terrible in my area and the streaming stuff typically works ok....BUT

I just took delivery of a new (Raven) ModelX and the LTE signal is way stronger than my S. In fact, everything about the interface in the X is quicker & less glitchy.

Did the LTE components change? Is there a way to tell if there is a significant hardware difference between my S and my X (purchased 1 year apart)?

TIA

I never paid much attention to this in my 2018 Model S because AT&T is terrible in my area and the streaming stuff typically works ok....BUT

I just took delivery of a new (Raven) ModelX and the LTE signal is way stronger than my S. In fact, everything about the interface in the X is quicker & less glitchy.

Did the LTE components change? Is there a way to tell if there is a significant hardware difference between my S and my X (purchased 1 year apart)?

TIA

I got to play with a Raven X at the SC and i noticed the MCU is super super smooth with animations just like the 3. I would like to see someone post a H/W stats info on it to see what CPU its running, etc.

Pardon my ignorance, but how can you tell exactly which hardware your car has?

No worries....

There is a website you can go to in the browser and it will tell you, but the easier ways are to see if you have Beach Buggy, Dashcam, or tell when your car was manufactured. Any cars made after early 2018 have the MCU2, and prior have the NVidia Tegra.

There is a substantial speed difference between the two units. The MCU1 can be unbearably slow and is usually choppy appearing, and the MCU2 is smooth, fast, and quick.

Reactions: jewilson2