Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure it is a Tesla issue and not a mobile operator one? I live in Switzerland, and travel extensively through Germany, Austria, Italy and France. For this reason I have been using at least 6 different Telco providers. Did not have problems with any of them. The only interruptions happen for a few minutes when you cross a border, which is an almost daily occurrence for someone living in Lugano, Swizterland. It should not concern the vast majority of the member of this forum, who I believe live in the United States: you certainly do not travel to Canada or Mexico for an aperitif!

I live in Florida. I just picked up my car last week and I love it. The only issue is that I drive a lot, and not having slacker work is absolutely driving me crazy. 90k for a car that doesn't have a reliable way to listen to the radio is kind of crazy. I have ATT which is the carrier we're using, but my phone works better so we must be on 3G or something. We need a fix ASAP.

Have my MX now one month and absolutely love it. LTE is working really well in the Netherlands. Had some minor issues in an area known for bad reception. Crossing the border to Germany takes a couple of minute to adjust, rest is fast as ... :)

Called Telsa yesterday to ask about the LTE issue. I bought my car about 2 months ago and the LTE has been useless. They claim it is a problem with slacker that they have a software fix for that will be released in January. I find it hard to believe it's a slacker issue instead of a data provider issue. If my car is connected to wifi slacker works perfectly so that tells me it isn't a slacker issue.

For those of you that just got your cars , I feel for you. Slacker and streaming was working just fine when I took ownership in August. It was working fine till about a month ago. It is , I think it is an an api issue between slacker and the lte provider here in the us that changed. A fix is coming . (i am hoping it is in 50.1 just got that I’ll let you know ) . When you are in the leading edge like we are thing things happen (even to iPhones, think of your car as a big iPhone) so a bit more patience is needed (yup a little tough when you pay 100k for a work in progress ):) I can tell you since August auto pilot for me has gotten wonderfully better and now is really close to what I was hoping for when I bought the car, but it did take a few (several) updates to get it to that point. I am hoping the slacker issue will resolve itself in an update or two and we’ll be back to a near perfect car . Then we will all be clamoring for the next big thing (maybe a more usable web browser ? Hint hint)

I have the X P100. Car was great until last software upgrade. Now I'm lucky if WAZE loads and you can forget about any streaming radio.
Called service a few days ago and had to leave a message. So far, no returned call. Love fair is starting to fade.

I have the X P100. Car was great until last software upgrade. Now I'm lucky if WAZE loads and you can forget about any streaming radio.
Called service a few days ago and had to leave a message. So far, no returned call. Love fair is starting to fade.
Tesla recently activated service scheduling via your MyTesla account - just go in and schedule an appointment...no need to wait for a call that may not come.

They claim it is a problem with slacker that they have a software fix for that will be released in January.

Others reported Tesla was claiming it would be fixed before the end of December - you know, around the same time the cross-country autopilot trip was to take place.

I gave up and finally connected Pandora via bluetooth.

While I won't be rushing to file a lawsuit, I also won't be rushing to purchase another Tesla, in part due to annoying issues like this.

I have a 1 week old Model X. Got it back yesterday from service after a MCU replacement for another issue. Streaming and map was good for about 20 minutes of driving then was in and out then I was left with the LTE signal icon with no bars and a slash through it. Maps not rendering, no streaming audio. There was no getting the signal back last night.

Today it would switch between 3G single bar to LTE single bar to E single bar to no signal at all, with maps and streaming essentially useless. Is this behavior what you guys are seeing? This seems worse than what I’ve read and wonder if there’s a loose connection with the LTE antenna (though I don’t know how it all works)?

Just picked up X100D yesterday in FL and horrible issues with slacker streaming and also maps. Seems to be no rhyme or reason when it works and doesn't.
Does seem to get worse when you skip a song or change stations on slacker if its working normal at a given point. I have an email into tesla service to check for this, if anyone has any solutions please do post!! Thanks!

Got my X in September, and the inability to listen to music or the news is making me crazy. Loading errors, long buffing times, painfully slow, constant rebooting... yet the service department claims that they can't replicate the problems I am having. I changed from ATT wireless to Verizon, which for some reason made the phone usable (I couldn't make or receive calls consistently with ATT for the first month I had the car, so made the switch), but all of this is unacceptable in any car in 2017, not to mention a Tesla.

They sell you on all the wonderful tech-y features in the showroom, but in my experience, I can't count on them to actually work. I have attempted to escalate the concerns we have had, and while anyone I reach at Tesla is unfailingly courteous in any given interaction, there is no follow-up - everyone just disappears, only to be replaced by another polite Tesla employee.

I agree with Wrkent100 - there will need to be a class action lawsuit if Tesla can't fix these problems.

Tesla recently activated service scheduling via your MyTesla account - just go in and schedule an appointment...no need to wait for a call that may not come.

Unfortunately, some My Tesla Pages don't have the link for on-line service appointments. Mine does not. I have reviewed the articles several times, and simply is not there. I guess he updates to the individual pages will happen in time.

i set up a wifi hotspot on my cell and connect the X to it.. Works much better than the on board LTE service and at least it will hold me over until they fix it..

I thought about that but have not tried it yet. I've had my X90D well over a year and initially streaming worked just fine. For at least a couple of months, its been useless, despite having 2-3 bars. Recently I was in the SC for another matter which they handled; but I asked about streaming, and was told it is a known bug. So?? I don't think that anyone has mentioned this, but it could also be that Tesla pays for a non-priority cell service to save costs. Data flow could be fine to operate maps, but way too much latency or "chunky" data flow for streaming needs. The same is evident on attempts to work with the browser. I believe I saw somewhere that AT&T is the primary cell carrier for Tesla in the US. Same as I use on my iPhone which does not show these type of problems, even if I'm using in *inside* the Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: Aljohn