Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Throttling since 11/3/17

What speed on LTE using fast.com and the Tesla interface do you see

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today on LTE I was getting less than 100kbps repeatedly.

I connected my AT&T cell phone via wifi tethering, and got 2.3 or 2.4 mbps on fast.com on the in-car browser.

Perhaps the problem isn't AT&T throttling.. perhaps it's the Jasper Networks proxy server that everything funnels through when on LTE/3G.

I still have the problem and haven’t heard back from my last email I sent with further information to help them ‘troubleshoot’. This is a problem that seems to be getting more widespread over the last week, and it’s been going on for me for almost two weeks now.

Same issue here. Normally Slacker would buffer the entire song after 10 seconds or so. But as of a couple weeks ago it's been buffering so slow that it often has to pause multiple times per song just to buffer. Takes a long time between songs as well. But if I setup a wifi hotspot, the songs buffer quickly. I took a road trip and same issue, so I know it's not my local towers.

I've also got a new bug where the car fails to pause the music while streaming. I press pause, the interface updates to show it paused, but the stream only pauses for a second or two. Very annoying.

Same problem for me in the DC metro area. Fast.com readings on 4G range from 170 kbps to 240 kbps. On my home WiFi it says 2.4 Mbps.

Slacker is failing for me, and accidentally touched the satellite view on maps, and it took a good five minutes to refresh the screen enough to change it back. So, not just music issue.

Another data point. On way to work there is a two mile stretch that is 3G.

On LTE 100-200kbps
On 3G 1-1.5 Mbps!!!

From all the messages on this thread it would seem that this is entirely an LTE issue.
Ever since .42 I'm had all the issues described herein. Upgrading to .44 might have fixed the center screen reset issue but the slow load issue is as bad as ever. Is Tesla having problems paying their cellphone bills?

Reactions: MMC-
Mine is stable now though I get slow speeds using fast.com (90-140kbps) using LTE but slacker is not skipping anymore. I am on .46.xxxa54
I wonder if they've simply decreased the bit rate.

"How Much Speed You Need to Stream:

slacker_radio_logo_160x66.png

Slacker Radio internet speed requirements
App Streaming
How-much-speed-table_slacker_radio_appstreaming-1.png

Web Streaming
How-much-speed-table_slacker_radio_webstreaming.png

Slacker Radio presents its speed recommendations slightly different than the other music streaming services we examined. It lists speed recommendations based on the platform or operating system you’re using. It has two recommendations, based on two different quality tiers, for streaming from the Slacker website. It also has separate recommendations for streaming through its Android app and its iOS app, although they happen to be the same number."