Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Throttling since 11/3/17

What speed on LTE using fast.com and the Tesla interface do you see

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's definitely NOT an LTE issue. I get the same problem on 3G

It seems like 3G gets better speeds than LTE with Fast.com. I'm getting up to 3.0 mbps quite often on 3G. Can anyone match that with LTE? I was thinking of upgrading to LTE but now I don't know if I should...

If I'm reading this right the failure of LTE to reach speeds of a less than one tenth of that of 3G is a red herring since the problem exists just as badly at the higher speed? Perhaps there are two different issues at play? 3 mbps is plenty for streaming music.

If I'm reading this right the failure of LTE to reach speeds of a less than one tenth of that of 3G is a red herring since the problem exists just as badly at the higher speed? Perhaps there are two different issues at play? 3 mbps is plenty for streaming music.

Yeah. I'm being told it's a firmware issue specific to Slacker (which doesn't explain the USB loading errors) so who knows? I HAVE noticed that loading errors are worse when I have less bars, but I have a feeling slow LTE speeds are only a part of the problem. I sure wish they'd give this a bit more priority... I wonder what percentage of owners are having this issue? For all the cars out there, there's only a few of us here who seem to be posting about it.

There’s another whole thread with more complaints. Seems pretty common

Anyone else having "Loading Error" with Slacker

There's actually about four or five different threads here on this issue but it's a lot of the same people complaining in all of them. I guess Tesla just doesn't give a crap or they're planning on rolling out a Paid Version next year and want to stoke the dissatisfaction as high as possible before they reveal the price for it. I'm guessing if there IS a paid version it'll be ridiculously expensive like everything else Tesla. The only company that gouges their customers more is probably Apple. :D

I was on vacation for a week and got back tonight, my S was in underground parking so had no connection for a week. When I pulled out and it connected to LTE I tested fast.com I’m at 4.7MBPS (super fast). Soooooo, will it last we shall see, strange that it went back to a fast speed again after a deep sleep.

I was on vacation for a week and got back tonight, my S was in underground parking so had no connection for a week. When I pulled out and it connected to LTE I tested fast.com I’m at 4.7MBPS (super fast). Soooooo, will it last we shall see, strange that it went back to a fast speed again after a deep sleep.

Did it fix slacker? Some one said that the issue was at Tesla's VPN, trather than inside the cars themselves. This would be at least a bit of evidence of that.

Did it fix slacker? Some one said that the issue was at Tesla's VPN, trather than inside the cars themselves. This would be at least a bit of evidence of that.
Yes slacker loaded fast and didn’t skip... However, bad news this morning as it’s back to 200KBPS, I’m going to try turning off WiFi as it’s now in my work underground parking, I’m thinking this is something to do with going from WiFi to LTE, I had fast connection when I was on LTE last night then fast on WiFi, when I disconnected from WiFi upon leaving my house it went back to the 1-200 KBPS. So maybe this is the cause (bug) of the issue..

Yeah. I'm being told it's a firmware issue specific to Slacker (which doesn't explain the USB loading errors) so who knows? I HAVE noticed that loading errors are worse when I have less bars, but I have a feeling slow LTE speeds are only a part of the problem. I sure wish they'd give this a bit more priority... I wonder what percentage of owners are having this issue? For all the cars out there, there's only a few of us here who seem to be posting about it.

It’s not just Slacker. TuneIn is also giving me buffering problems, stopping and starting streams repeatedly. I haven’t called yet but will now.

It really is pathetic that this has been an issue for so long. It's just the damn phone part of the car!!
There aren't many people of this thread but I haven't heard anyone say that all is fine for them. Do others not use slacker or have they just gotten used to it sucking?

It really is pathetic that this has been an issue for so long. It's just the damn phone part of the car!!
There aren't many people of this thread but I haven't heard anyone say that all is fine for them. Do others not use slacker or have they just gotten used to it sucking?

I did respond (and yes there are many threads talking about the same issue). Even though I get slow speeds using fast.com the Slacker service has not skipped once after my .46.xxxa54 update. Maybe the update bypasses the VPN proxy and connects directly for slacker streaming but uses the VPN for fast.com and other web sites using the crappy browser. I do know that the tile-by-tile updating of the map and the buffering issue is gone ever since I updated to .a54

Problem went away for about a week in my car, but yesterday came back worse..... slacker is completely broken and won't play any songs now.....fst.com is showing 56kbps. And now the center screen is restarting about every hour....

WTF is going on, the car is starting to be effected because when it reboots it's a good 3 min before I get AC back in the car....this sucks.