Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Throttling since 11/3/17

What speed on LTE using fast.com and the Tesla interface do you see

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still having issues today. Service center wasn't exactly concerned and suggested I bring my car in. The service center is 1150 miles away. So that's not going to happen soon. All they would do is tell me it's a software issue and they've forwarded it to fremont.

Not only have I had loading errors and buffering pauses on Slacker (is it still Slacker? I couldn't find the place to log in) for the past week since the firmware upgrade, in addition I've had the center screen crash and reboot after a handful of loading errors on a single "station". On a 2+ hour drive Saturday it happened at least four or five times. A real problem.

Reactions: Pollux
Anyone get a response feom tesla on this
I complained about streaming (any source) issues and received this response:

"We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with TuneIn. We are aware of an issue between TuneIn and our vehicles. We are currently working with engineering and TuneIn to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience while we continue to investigate the issue and work on a resolution to be released in future firmware updates."

I dont know why Tesla focused on "TuneIn" in their response.

I find it hard to believe this is firmware related, It worked at full capacity and fast for one day in the last 10. I believe this is all about the way the cell connection routes through Tesla (its issues on the connection side of tesla, my 0.2).

Just another data point- I’m in the Boston area and have experienced the same issues with slow Slacker downloads for about two weeks. From time to time whatever buffering is occurring in the Slacker app, presumably due to diminished wireless bandwidth, has resulted in center console crashes which I have previously experienced only very rarely.

Reactions: PeterK
I have an appointment with the SC tomorrow for these issues. My SC has been pulling my logs and working with engineering on this. They said the Tune-In and Slacker issues are due to a software problem and they are working on it. They said the slow throughput over LTE is an issue between Tesla and AT&T, but they can't quite put their finger on it, so they want to use my car as a benchmark for some testing.

• Helpful
Reactions: arcus
Not only have I had loading errors and buffering pauses on Slacker (is it still Slacker? I couldn't find the place to log in) for the past week since the firmware upgrade, in addition I've had the center screen crash and reboot after a handful of loading errors on a single "station". On a 2+ hour drive Saturday it happened at least four or five times. A real problem.

Same here, except it'd happening for me in Slacker, USB, and my iPhone via Bluetooth.

All started with the FW update to 2017.42 one week ago.

Before that I've never seen a "Loading Error"

Because it's happening for multiple sources, it kinda looks like to me a resource limitation, like out of space on a temp/RAM drive or a FS permission error, or something like that.

The spontaneous screen reboots are super frustrating.

I have posted on another thread about some issues I am seeing in my S since last friday but wanted to post here both my findings and a poll. I'm not 100% sure it started Friday, or if it started with the latest firmware release i received (2017.42 a88c8d5), but there is definitely an issue with LTE speeds and even the reception in the last week.

Background

• I live in the DC suburbs where pretty much everywhere gets you 4-5 Bars of full service on LTE (AT&T and/or Verizon).
  • I'm only getting between 1-3 bars everywhere I go
  • Slacker songs download at 1/10th of what they used to
  • Slacker spins and skips regularly
  • i used the Tesla interface to check speeds using fast.com,results are:
  • Tesla LTE between 60 and 220 Kbps
  • Tesla Wifi connection between 2.5 - 3.5 Mbps
  • Cellphone on same wifi connection gets 45 Mbps
  • Cellphone on LTE gets 3.5 Mbps

Speedtest.net gets me more on my cellphone, but it's not a fair comparison as only fast.com works on the Tesla interface.

I'm creating this Poll in the hopes fellow Tesla owners can check the Tesla browser and fast.com to see what the results are that they are seeing.

I emailed Tesla but have not heard back on any known issues.

I've noticed some reduced speeds too. I just received my new MS but before i got it i had multiple loaners. One of them being a brand new MX right off the trailer. The LTE was very fast for the first week and after that it would barely load a song. I've had my MS for about a week now and I now notice it having issues loading songs and the browser is extremely slow.