Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Throttling since 11/3/17

What speed on LTE using fast.com and the Tesla interface do you see

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, another data point (not that it helps...). I just had the car in for service (door handle). When I got it back, I immediately noticed that the problem was gone! Songs buffered in seconds, Tunein podcasts buffered quickly, and fast.com consistently gave me about 1 Mbps. All with LTE of varying signal strength. I thought “Great, they must have given me a new FW download”, but the FW version was the same.

Then, after 2 days, it disappeared, and I’m back to 150 Kbps. Region: MA.

• Informative
Reactions: bak_phy
Yeah, very weird for me, as well. I'm on 50.3 since two days ago. Last night the streaming was unbearable. This morning it was pretty bad, as well.

I just hopped in the car and went to lunch... It was pretty quick loading a song, so I did a fast.com speed test. Low and behold I consistently got 1.5-2.2 mbps throughout my 20 minutes of driving.

Interesting to see that others are reporting that it's working, as well... Is it fixed all of a sudden?!?!

For what it’s worth, I’m in the Boston area and had the disminished data speed problem since November. I checked Fast.com this morning on my commute to work and this afternoon on the way home and experienced the low data speeds.

However, sometime between 5 and 7 PM the problem resolved and speed went back to normal. Hopefully whatever the issue was is permanently resolved. As we’re expecting a blizzard tomorrow I’ll check again on Friday. I hope others are seeing similar improvements in speed.