Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Throttling since 11/3/17

What speed on LTE using fast.com and the Tesla interface do you see

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here in Miami - songs buffer almost instantaneous as well as switching between stations. No loading errors.

Amen!

I'm also in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and the loading errors persist with 50.3. This week I usually experienced 2-4 loading errors on my daily 80-mile daily commute.

It may not be as frequent, but the long pauses and errors are still happening. At least we now have auto-wipers to help distract us from this and other shortcomings.

I'm also in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and the loading errors persist with 50.3. This week I usually experienced 2-4 loading errors on my daily 80-mile daily commute.

It may not be as frequent, but the long pauses and errors are still happening. At least we now have auto-wipers to help distract us from this and other shortcomings.
I am in Raleigh and also getting 250kbps. Not getting loading errors, but still loading slow.

At noon today I had one loading error and 10-20 seconds between songs. Speed was 65 kbps

Through sometime this morning I appeared to be capped at 240Kbps according to fast.com. As of a couple of days ago, Slacker started working reliably for me, even with this apparent speed limit. Buffering was slower than ideal, but exceeding playback rate, so no buffering issues (just slow transition from end-of-song to next song as buffer pre-filled before start).

This afternoon, I'm seeing 1-2Mbps LTE throughput and immediate buffer fill. One 15 minute drive's worth of data on improvement - but this is the first time I've seen this type of streaming responsiveness since early November. I *really* hope is is the result of a permanent fix on Tesla's (or ATT's) part and not a fluke.

• Helpful
Reactions: DamageInc
Through sometime this morning I appeared to be capped at 240Kbps according to fast.com. As of a couple of days ago, Slacker started working reliably for me, even with this apparent speed limit. Buffering was slower than ideal, but exceeding playback rate, so no buffering issues (just slow transition from end-of-song to next song as buffer pre-filled before start).

This afternoon, I'm seeing 1-2Mbps LTE throughput and immediate buffer fill. One 15 minute drive's worth of data on improvement - but this is the first time I've seen this type of streaming responsiveness since early November. I *really* hope is is the result of a permanent fix on Tesla's (or ATT's) part and not a fluke.

Update: Slacker Support just got confirmation that Tesla has indeed worked with their network provider (ATT?) to increase LTE bandwidth.

TESLA CONSIDERS THIS ISSUE RESOLVED.

Well, it's working great for me, I didn't even have to reboot or anything!

And that's just one bar of LTE signal.

upload_2018-1-5_18-59-54.png

The latest. Going into work - usual (250 Kbps, long song loads, loading errors etc). Coming home (6ish EST) - all is well! 1.5 Mbps on fast.com, instant song loads, Tunein workin' fine. On LTE (30 mile commute) the whole way with varying signal strengths. No problem anywhere.

So whatever's going on, it clearly can be fixed remotely. We'll see if it disappears again. Tesla, if you're listening, I can give you a lot more datapoints! Or come and take my car for a while - I don't mind! If it helps debug this network problem I'm ready and willing to take one for the team.

The latest. Going into work - usual (250 Kbps, long song loads, loading errors etc). Coming home (6ish EST) - all is well! 1.5 Mbps on fast.com, instant song loads, Tunein workin' fine. On LTE (30 mile commute) the whole way with varying signal strengths. No problem anywhere.

So whatever's going on, it clearly can be fixed remotely. We'll see if it disappears again. Tesla, if you're listening, I can give you a lot more datapoints! Or come and take my car for a while - I don't mind! If it helps debug this network problem I'm ready and willing to take one for the team.

Ok, now I feel stupid because I didn't read the previous reply before kicking in. Hey, whatever - if it's fixed, I'm happy!