Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Upgrade cost has gone down :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my P85+ in to get some warranty work and airbag recall done and figured while the dash pad was up to get the LTE upgrade.

My buddy at the service center had recommended the upgrade when I first picked up my CPO almost a year ago. Glad I sat on it for a bit because the price has dropped to a little over $343. Yes $343!! (most of the cost is in the labor as they have to pull the MCU out to get access to put the LTE in $243). Compared a the original $500ish.

Only had it back a few hours but immediately noticed load times were faster on slacker and navigation, no load errors, or time outs either like I had with 3G.

So if you've been been thinking about the upgrade and are gonna go in to get your takata airbag recall taken care of I'd recommend get the upgrade done.

I got mine done 2 years ago for $326.00. That's right! Not sure why they charged people $500, but I think they are kinda screwy with pricing.
Curious if anyone recently did the upgrade to LTE? I just contacted my Seattle service center and they quoted me $500. A bit rich in my opinion but if anyone in Seattle got it for less I'd like to know how or have someone explain the difference in cost for some owners.

Curious if anyone recently did the upgrade to LTE? I just contacted my Seattle service center and they quoted me $500. A bit rich in my opinion but if anyone in Seattle got it for less I'd like to know how or have someone explain the difference in cost for some owners.

Have you already gotten the new map updates? Curious to see if maybe it already runs smoother without the LTE upgrade.

Does anyone know if Tesla will match another Tesla Service Center on cost? I emailed to ask and didn't hear back. I'm looking at doing this same retrofit but can't really justify $500. $326 maybe. Curious if others have gotten it done cheaper and where? I travel quite a bit and if it's cheaper somewhere then I'd just do it at that service center next time I'm in the area.

I had the LTE upgrade done in late October 2018 while mine was in for in for a drive unit replacement and other maintenance services and was charged $500 (no separate itemization for parts and labor costs on the invoice) for the LTE retrofit package.

I previously had no 3G navigation for comparison as the previous owner had left the antenna connection disconnected for unknown reasons, so getting back the onboard navigation and not having to use my phone was a nice improvement.

This was at the Portland SC, so pricing may be different outside of the SF Bay Area.