TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

LTE Upgrade from Dedham-MA SC done; Works well!

Discussion in 'New England' started by ashokrs, Aug 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ashokrs

ashokrs Member

LTE Upgrade from Dedham-MA SC done; Apparently, I happened to be the first one to get it done at this SC.

Works well! It is worth it. Nav, Slacker, & Tune In zip thru well. Only 3rd floor underground parking garage is a challenge for slacker and Tune In. Well, that's too much to ask for.

Next, I got to find a way to install Wilson's 4G/LTE signal booster for my MS. Anyone knows how to?

2. alset

alset Member

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

$500 + tax. There's a full thread discussing the upgrade over in the Model S forum.

4. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

Excellent!

5. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Anyone else done this? Does it improve reception in the greater Boston area or elsewhere in New England? I am seriously considering.

6. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

I have and I have rock solid coverage now.

7. alset

alset Member

I didn't realize LTE would improve the coverage (speed aside). Since I assume every LTE tower is capable of 3G also, is there a frequency or other difference than improves coverage?

8. CTShore

CTShore Member

Had it done in Milford, CT Thursday. Under $500 including tax. And yes, Slacker is much improved in southern CT, which is what I was hoping for. Haven't tried it with nav yet.

9. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Thanks, all. Looks like I'll be giving Watertown a call. I hope no one had the negative experience one poster described of losing all of his customized car settings including his trip meters?

10. jamtek

jamtek Member

Had it done myself at Watertown about a week ago. Works great and I always seem to have at least three bars throughout southern NH. This signal strength was rare with the old 3G where I live in NH. Everything updates faster...nav, Slacker, etc. Definitely worth it, IMO.

I was told the upgrade also includes a signal boost module which helps as well.

--J

11. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Great, thanks. I just stopped by Watertown when passing by and booked the upgrade and a few minor things for October 9.