Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE upgrade is on the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The labor charge for the LTE upgrade is fixed, but that doesn't mean you should be paying labor twice for the same work. The labor charge to open that part of the dash, etc., should not have been billed on the other work, since it was already billed as part of the LTE upgrade work, and was only performed once.

Either way, it's a "fixed price" project. Even though the dash was out for service, they still charged $500

My point is you should have paid less for the other service. If the other service was warranty service, then that's a moot point.

It's the latter... The other work is warranty work. I was at 49,200+ miles for the dash work.

That's why I was quoted the "project price". I thought to save on labor because "they were already in there."

I just got my car back last night (after LTE upgrade) and everything was erased! My trip counters, driver profiles, homelink, web favorites, nav favorites & my dash settings.
Did this happen to everyone who upgraded?

This happened to me during my LTE upgrade. They damaged the front panel, and had to replace it. Something happened during the "old panel" to "new panel" data transfer and everything was lost. I'm still working with the SC trying to get a lifetime energy number that I was keeping on trip counter "A".

Did you ever get any data back?

This happened to me during my LTE upgrade. They damaged the front panel, and had to replace it. Something happened during the "old panel" to "new panel" data transfer and everything was lost. I'm still working with the SC trying to get a lifetime energy number that I was keeping on trip counter "A".

Did you ever get any data back?

When my data was reset following repairs from my deer strike, I lost my lifetime trip meter as well. The service center asked engineering if it was possible to restore it - the answer was "no".

Now that the 17" display is upgraded and takes less computer power to render, I find everything faster. Is the LTE upgrade as necessary following v7.0? Opinions please!

It's not necessary at all I think. I only did it because I had a service credit to use and $1,000 in more Tesla schwag seemed unnecesary=) It was in for annual service so figured I'd just get it done. Hard to believe I've had the car for over 3 years.

Has anyone tried the TuneIn items that "require high bandwidth," that is, don't work on 3G but do work on Wi-Fi?
Do these become usable after an LTE Upgrade?

Example: Podcasts>The Black Tapes Project

Havent seen it before nor after. Mostly listen to bbc radio channels though, which one did you see this on?

overall very happy with LTE upgrade. As well as snappier map updates, Waze for Tesla appears to update much quicker.

Presuming you mean Black Tapes Podcast, this doesn't play: high bw required - connect to wifi to play

sorry, looks like it's a "No". Ymmv however as I'm on 1 bar of LTE here ;-)

Yeah, "Podcast." (fixed text)
I told them to go ahead with the LTE, I was dithering on the decision since my 3G is usually pretty good. And I've installed a WiFi repeater for the driveway. Oh well, maybe the cable refresh will improve my audio or I can subjectively think it does!

Thanks for checking.