Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE upgrade is on the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doubt if that will help. I was turned away from Rocklin Summer of '14 after TMC with a seriously banging drive unit. Went to two other service centers in CA trying to get someone to look at it. The others looked but wouldn't fit me in before my 3800 mile drive East. Rocklin was my last try and wouldn't even look. Resulted in a 250 mile, five hour tow back to Vegas after breaking down on the interstate. Vegas SC held four engineers over until we arrived and worked late into the night to get me back on the road. Vegas restored my faith in Tesla but not in the CA service organization. Apathy towards owners in California? Great service centers here on the East coast. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.

LTE upgrade completed on Monday in Devon. Excellent work.

Last edited:
Am I the only person that can't schedule an LTE upgrade? I've been calling Rocklin weekly and they still have no info on the LTE upgrade and aren't even keeping a waitlist.

I've got Rocklin too and they told me on 8/24 that they hadn't heard of an LTE upgrade yet. I like the guys there very much but it sounds like there's some corporate communications missing.

This is just weird. Rocklin is just a stone's throw away from the Bay Area. Folks, you should just have them call any Bay Area service center for the details - I can provide contact info of the service concierge at Burlingame who scheduled my LTE upgrade weeks ago.

I just got my car back last night (after LTE upgrade) and everything was erased! My trip counters, driver profiles, homelink, web favorites, nav favorites & my dash settings.
Did this happen to everyone who upgraded?

Maybe they had to replace the entire touchscreen/computer?

The only thing I'd be pissed about is my Trip A lifetime mileage/Wh/m. Since my car was an inventory car, the odometer shows 7800 more miles than I've had it, and my factory warranty is based on the mileage on the Trip A odo, not the odometer mileage.

Also Homelink would be a pain, because my garage doors are at the max number of remotes, so to add another, I have to reset them both and re-add ALL the cars homelink settings. That takes a while.

Also Homelink would be a pain, because my garage doors are at the max number of remotes, so to add another, I have to reset them both and re-add ALL the cars homelink settings. That takes a while.

The paperwork doesn't say anything other than replacing the "normal" stuff.

Homelink: I know, mine has the same problem, I end up re-programming all four cars!

The paperwork doesn't say anything other than replacing the "normal" stuff.

Homelink: I know, mine has the same problem, I end up re-programming all four cars!

I have one garage door opener that doesn't use a rolling code. Every time I get a loaner, I program that one to avoid doing resets. Then every time I pull in, I open that one, walk inside, open the other side, and park the Tesla.

I just got my car back last night (after LTE upgrade) and everything was erased! My trip counters, driver profiles, homelink, web favorites, nav favorites & my dash settings.
Did this happen to everyone who upgraded?

Wonder why they can't port over your settings to the new unit. Someone once suggested all of our profiles and settings should exist in the cloud. That way even if you have a loaner car, you can quickly download a profile by signing in. Great idea IMO.

Wonder why they can't port over your settings to the new unit. Someone once suggested all of our profiles and settings should exist in the cloud. That way even if you have a loaner car, you can quickly download a profile by signing in. Great idea IMO.

That would be great to be able to backup/restore the settings from a flash-drive.

That would be great to be able to backup/restore the settings from a flash-drive.

Yeah, I've mentioned that (probably amongst other people too). I would even be happy if this was a Service Center function only (needing Tesla software). I would like my settings to sync across cars (there are many with more than one Model S), but the majority of people could at least be covered by a push from one car to another as-needed (loaners and trade-ins).

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that's the problem!! You shouldn't be getting/needing that many loaners!! :)

3 Loaners in 3 months of ownership, and next week as I hit 4 months of ownership, I get a loaner again. :)