Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE upgrade to fix screen artifact issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a new to me 2015 P85D with 35,000 mi on the clock currently under the Tesla pre owned warranty.

I am experiencing the attached screen artifact issues (I did post this same issue in another thread). This happens about once every 5 or so days. I can clear it up with a scroll wheel reboot.

Made a mobile appointment and they pulled the logs. The engineer assigned to this recommend an LTE upgrade to solve the issue.

I then got a call from the SC that they want to do the LTE upgrade on site at the local SC. They also want to do a "deep factory reset that can only be done at a service center" and think that will resolve the screen drawing issues.

I have a feeling the screen draw issue is the start of an eMMc failure and I don't think upgrading to LTE is going to do anything to help that. The deep reboot also seems like smoke and mirrors. I have not had the car long enough to tie this issue to any specific software update.

My question is...do I let them kick the can down the road and get a free LTE upgrade and a "deep clean reset" or push the issue that LTE and screen drawing (for stuff like ventilation) are not related? I deal with software engineers daily at work and know how they can be. They get defensive if you question their solutions...

The SC is close enough where I can go back if this "fix" fails. Also under warranty until end of 2021.

Thanks!

IMG_20191204_084902.jpg
Screenshot_20191208-141948.png

• Disagree
Reactions: cleverscreenam
Take it in as they suggestion, but in the Intake form, make sure that it does that any sort of failure to the MCU must be taken care of my Tesla. See if they will take responsibility for the MCU/1 failure if it exhibits problems after the LTE install. Make sure it's noted so that if MCU/1 failure occurs, they don't come to you with the cost to replace it.