TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lubbock Supercharger

Discussion in 'Texas' started by timpierc, Dec 17, 2016.

1. timpierc

timpierc Member

Tesla updated their supercharger map, and it looks like they're projecting Lubbock as a supercharger site in 2017. Sure will make the Dallas to Albuquerque trips easier.

• Like x 1
  2. Justicepool

Justicepool Member

Good catch. I've often thought Lubbock was a very logical location for a Supercharger. I hope it does come to fruition. *fingers crossed*

3. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

I agree! I know of several tesla owners with students going to TTU that don't bring their EV's bc of lack of supercharger in the Lubbock and surrounding area. I live in Lubbock and have Home charger with 100amp circuit so it will not effect me but would be nice for those traveling through. I'm going to add my home to "PlugShare" in the meantime to help out any traveling EV's.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  4. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I hope this does get installed. My in-laws live in Snyder, and when we visit, we often do a day trip to Lubbock to go to the mall, movies, etc. I looked at plugshare, and quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to take the S for that day trip, since there is almost zero public charging.

5. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

Your welcome to use my home wall charger. It's 100amp circuit. It's no supercharger but decent. Message me if interested.

Matt

• Like x 3
  6. reddy

reddy Member

Lubbock will be a great location!

Noticed that Clovis NM is on the map too.

• Like x 1