Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Air 360 deg view.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its a terrible trunk design. Looks even less comfortable to load stuff in than the Model 3 which already had a terribly small and awkward trunk opening. That trunk lid is so much in the way.
I thought the same thing, I remembered how back in 2016-17 so many people complained to Elon about the size of the Model 3 trunk opening. The Lucid Air looks worse.

Reactions: tm1v2
The Air's trunk situation is just as bad in person as it looks in photos. Dimension-wise the Air feels spot on for a Model S, but the extra-awkward sedan trunk means I'd buy another Model S any day over the Air (even with the stupid yoke).

We had an Air reservation for a little while, and then asked for our money back after getting to see a prototype in person. The Air sedan couldn't replace our S as our primary hauler, and it's too big + expensive to make sense as a second car for us. Plus the headline 500+ mile battery is squeezed in there by stacking extra cells where rear passengers' feet should go...so what you have is a BIG Model S size car that has a terrible back seat and awkward, restrictive sedan trunk. Doesn't make sense.

It's awesome that Lucid matched Tesla efficiency right out the gate with their first car, I don't think any other EV maker has done that yet, but Lucid's packaging and product decisions need work in my opinion. I can't see the Air in its current form selling as well as the Model S.

If they called the 500 mile Air a "4 door coupe" (what a misnomer) I might feel better about it. ;) If that's what you want, then you will probably like the Air!

@Iain Oldsmobile? The Lucid Air always makes me think of the X-Men Cyclops visor.

1650924450903.png

1650925520673.png
1650925546471.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: WilliamG and Iain
I decided to get on the wait list for the pure air before the price increase. It qualifies for the gov $7500 subsidy as well as free Electrify America charging for 3 years.

So now I'm on waiting lists for the MY, CT, F150EV, Silverado EV, and Lucid.

I decided to get on the wait list for the pure air before the price increase. It qualifies for the gov $7500 subsidy as well as free Electrify America charging for 3 years.

So now I'm on waiting lists for the MY, CT, F150EV, Silverado EV, and Lucid.
I did the same - next year my 3 will be about 5 yrs old so I will be thinking of upgrading. At current prices, the P model is $63k and the Air Pure I want is about $75k with tax credit. May be worth the $12k delta to me for the range and luxury.

We also have a CT reservation.

Reactions: kabin