Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Lucid Air Dream Deliveries to Begin Next Month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The first Lucid Air cars will be delivered late next month, the company said Tuesday.

Production of the all-electric luxury sedan started this week at the company’s factories in Casa Grande, Arizona. The company was originally founded in 2007.

Lucid expects reservation holders of Lucid Air Dream Edition models will begin receiving their vehicles in late October, with customer deliveries ramping up thereafter. Grand Touring, Touring, and Air Pure model deliveries are expected to follow. Lucid has thus far received more than 13,000 reservations for Lucid Air and increased the planned total production quantity of the Dream Edition to 520 vehicles, the company said in a release.

The flagship Dream edition is priced at $169,000. The Lucid Air base model is priced at $77,400.

The EPA recently rated the Lucid Air Dream Edition Range at 520 miles of range, the longest range for any electric car rated by the EPA. The top range for the Tesla Model S is about 100 miles less.

“I’m delighted that production cars endowed with this level of efficiency are currently driving off our factory line,” Chief Executive Peter Rawlinson said in a release.

Last edited by a moderator:
This car has been everywhere on TV. I thought it was funny that it was so prominantly placed in the latest season of the Amazon series Goliath (worth watching, but you have to start from the beginning). The Air is in every episode so far, several scenes. They must have filmed this months ago or late last year even. Funny.

Reactions: meomyo
just watched a movie...series...GOLIATH final season.. where there was a lucid in there driving the lawyers around..it looks cool inside and out..interesting back seats

what electric car is this woman driving in this clip?

• Love
Reactions: Brando
14 year before starting production.
Now, this gives something to think before strating en EV company. Or investing in a new one....
If a company can go 14 years without generating revenue, they probably really have something. VC investors get cold feet long before that. I’m not a fan of sedans but if their SUV is competitively priced vs the X, I’d give it a try. I view the competition as a good thing… having choices here will surely convert a few more X5, X7, ML, etc. owners

Reactions: X Fan
Started in 2007 til 2121 = 14 years coming and delivers start in Oct..
Can hardly wait for actual comparisons with Model S. Should be interesting.
Yep, though it's a bit more complicated than that. It was started (by a couple of ex-Tesla engineers) as a battery company called Atieva. Atieva didn't fail, but it didn't really take off either. They made (still make) batteries for electric buses and race cars. In 2014 they got new funding (from China not Saudi), new management (Rawlinson), and redirected to making complete EVs, along with a name change. They raised enough money to design an EV, but until the Model 3 proved the market, they couldn't raise enough to actually build it. In fact, the Saudi funding that allowed Lucid to build their factory was a direct result of the fallout from the "funding secured" tweet.

Yup. New EVs are coming to market, but I think Tesla's Refreshed MS has been gobbling up potential buyers. These are Tesla's numbers last quarter:

Tesla S/X Production: 8,941
Tesla S/X Deliveries: 9,275

We'll see how Lucid's numbers are after they start deliveries.

Volume production to enable expansion, market share possibilities shrinking, financial viability over the next few years, excess vulnerability to production disasters/bad PR from things that go south. And so on.

Yup. New EVs are coming to market, but I think Tesla's Refreshed MS has been gobbling up potential buyers. These are Tesla's numbers last quarter:

Tesla S/X Production: 8,941
Tesla S/X Deliveries: 9,275

We'll see how Lucid's numbers are after they start deliveries.
Honestly, with volumes that low, it really won’t be “game on” until Lucid starts competing in the 3/Y segment. I do believe that Lucid will successfully compete against the S/X though if for no other reason than they have a commitment to deliver a true luxury experience. Service has been a weak point for Tesla in recent years. If Lucid can deliver on a luxury customer experience, they’ll convert more than a few S/X customers.

• Funny
Honestly, with volumes that low, it really won’t be “game on” until Lucid starts competing in the 3/Y segment. I do believe that Lucid will successfully compete against the S/X though if for no other reason than they have a commitment to deliver a true luxury experience. Service has been a weak point for Tesla in recent years. If Lucid can deliver on a luxury customer experience, they’ll convert more than a few S/X customers.

But this assumes Lucid will provide good service as well... do they have service centers? Having driven a Tesla for almost a year, I can't imagine buying an EV that doesn't have a charging network. I realize that third-party chargers exist, but I'm not even aware of where they are in my area.

Sure seems like Lucid is at least 10 years behind Tesla.