Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Lucid Air Dream Deliveries to Begin Next Month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The first Lucid Air cars will be delivered late next month, the company said Tuesday.

Production of the all-electric luxury sedan started this week at the company’s factories in Casa Grande, Arizona. The company was originally founded in 2007.

Lucid expects reservation holders of Lucid Air Dream Edition models will begin receiving their vehicles in late October, with customer deliveries ramping up thereafter. Grand Touring, Touring, and Air Pure model deliveries are expected to follow. Lucid has thus far received more than 13,000 reservations for Lucid Air and increased the planned total production quantity of the Dream Edition to 520 vehicles, the company said in a release.

The flagship Dream edition is priced at $169,000. The Lucid Air base model is priced at $77,400.

The EPA recently rated the Lucid Air Dream Edition Range at 520 miles of range, the longest range for any electric car rated by the EPA. The top range for the Tesla Model S is about 100 miles less.

“I’m delighted that production cars endowed with this level of efficiency are currently driving off our factory line,” Chief Executive Peter Rawlinson said in a release.

Last edited by a moderator:
puh - I read through the thread linked withing the thread you linked:

I wouldn't say this is LucidQ material - DreamDrive and CarPlay being delayed - some software glitches - but nothing dramatic.

I also went through some other threads and didn't find anything shocking - can't find the thread warren uses on his youtube rant though

Reactions: SwTslaGrl
Quick reading in Lucid forums tell me that; Air has massive software problem that render cars near unusable. And only 60-150 has been delivered, production is halted temporary for other fit and finish problems, main one being glass roof bonding. Time will tell are those just teething problems...
Glass roofs are a problem for everyone. Can't wait for that trend to go away. Seems driven by beltlines getting higher and higher, and pillars getting thicker and thicker. Need a glass roof then or the car feels like a bunker. Wish car designers could figure out a better way.

I've been seeing Lucid Airs around lately. More than I expected by now. Not my kind of car and not pretty like a Model S, but they do have presence on the road, I'll give them that.