Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Air vs Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Lucid is going the NACS route.

Nice. I am glad.

Next challenges:

Got to wait until 2025 for access.

Only cables from V4 will reach. It's possible to use current V3 cable by head-in and use the left stall while occupying the right parking space: 2 stalls for each Lucid.

Lucid DC-to-DC (Tesla 400v boosted to 800v for Lucid) can only provide 50kW speed instead of 300kW speed in its native 800v stations.

Nevertheless, it's still great to have access even at 50kW.

I started to look into Lucid. How's the service experience @Tam ? I haven't driven one yet, but after talking to the rep the other day, she mentioned the yearly service, the closet one for me is in Houston which is 250+ miles. I am surprised the insurance quote I got is actually cheaper than Tesla.

I started to look into Lucid. How's the service experience @Tam ? I haven't driven one yet, but after talking to the rep the other day, she mentioned the yearly service, the closet one for me is in Houston which is 250+ miles. I am surprised the insurance quote I got is actually cheaper than Tesla.
I think it is still odd that Lucid has yearly service and it is not that cheap either. Tesla does not require this and if they did it is easy to do on your own. One point of an EV is less maintenance and service, besides wipers, tires, filters and brakes.

I think it is still odd that Lucid has yearly service and it is not that cheap either. Tesla does not require this and if they did it is easy to do on your own. One point of an EV is less maintenance and service, besides wipers, tires, filters and brakes.
I read in the Lucid forum, the cost itself is around 350 or 650? But according to Lucid, they do far more inspections, tests and even road test it, I know in the Tesla early days, the service center perform a lots of checks also. Obviously one can transport the car to the service center but I think it will easily add another 2-3k.

I am at least 200 miles away either in San Francisco or Los Angeles Service Center. I can still able to talk to a human in a Service Center. If no one answers, hang up and call again and don't leave a message.

I don’t intend to do annual service because I rotate tires, change button batteries... at home.

There's mobile service but I am not sure how well it's rolled out.

Reactions: cbdream99
I started to look into Lucid...
I drove my Lucid from California to North Carolina and back for more than 5,500 miles with joy. I steered manually with sharp curves in Appalachian Mountains with ease. It took curves much better than Tesla could.

The Electrifying America charging is bad (long wait, broken stations, false available status, slow rate despite fast rate claim...), but I can drive as long as I can to skip them as much as possible.

The picture below shows that I got 396.6 miles and still has 11% or 60 miles left before I stopped for charging.

2023-08-01_163019--396miles.jpg

Despite a bad non-Tesla charging experience, the suspension, handling, quietness, and predictability are much better, so it's still a very compelling choice.

I used to have 2012 Model S 100 RWD, and 2018 Model 3 but I sold them off for my current 2017 Model X 100 AWD and 2022 Lucid Grand Touring.

Range is King in my book and that's why I bought the Lucid with 516 mile range. It's much more comfortable than my other 2 Tesla cars. No wind noise (Tesla has frameless windows). It's coil suspension but it beats my Tesla air suspension Model X. It looks lower and smaller than the S/X but much spacious inside. The frunk is also bigger and also motorized.

I got free 3 years of unlimited charging at Electrify America. There used to be lots of complaints due to Plug-and-Charge problems but they have solved those by the time I bought my car, so it's been smooth so far.

Its ADAS is just like a simple Autopilot on highways and TACC in city streets but I love the blind spot warnings on the side mirrors. I can manually Change Lane and its auto steer would seamlessly reactivated automatically on highways.

For parking, I prefer to park manually and rely on its live streaming of 360 bird eye view and sonars although it also has auto park.
Hi there, I'm curious, how did you first become aware of the Lucid Grand Touring model?

Hi there, I'm curious, how did you first become aware of the Lucid Grand Touring model?

Range is King. Since 2012, I chose Tesla because of range. I waited for $250,000 Tesla Roadster with 620 miles to come out. Waited too long so I looked for range from other brands. I heard about Lucid Dream Edition with 520 miles so that got my attention. It sold out so I got the 516 mile version, Grand Touring, instead.

I love the new tech in Tesla but Lucid is for driver who love to drive. Driving Lucid makes me feel so good that I forgot that I suppose to miss all the high tech from Tesla.

Range is King. Since 2012, I chose Tesla because of range. I waited for $250,000 Tesla Roadster with 620 miles to come out. Waited too long so I looked for range from other brands. I heard about Lucid Dream Edition with 520 miles so that got my attention. It sold out so I got the 516 mile version, Grand Touring, instead.

I love the new tech in Tesla but Lucid is for driver who love to drive. Driving Lucid makes me feel so good that I forgot that I suppose to miss all the high tech from Tesla.

lucid is pure dreamy luxury in the back seat...

in the front i think the driving and the interface is plain boring... too heavy and too gimmicky...

exterior is also bland... old man buick like bland...