Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid (Atieva) reveal is December 14th. I'll be there, let you know afterwards.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks like $200K. Maybe there is a larger market for $200K vehicles but I think they should have stayed with their van from the video.

I would replace my little transit connects with a 200 mile range delivery vehicle. It seems like the van would have been a much easier route.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I think they nailed the styling almost 100% on the first attempt. To me there is plenty of modern Audi/Volkswagen DNA in the lines without the extreme wide stancing ze Germans are trending towards. Interior is beautifully executed too - although the touch screen looks a little outdated already - kinda like a generic android tablet with big bevels and weak nit output. That's one nitpick though - I actually really like that they're bridging the highly digital console experience of Tesla with a slight legacy fondness for buttons (which are still ultra useful IMO for driving operation).

The tech is amazing - any one who has been following the development of Edna knows this.

The engineering talent these guys have attracted is insane - no company outside of Tesla has a team of rockstars like this one working soley on EV tech.

Ladies and gentleman.... Tesla has spawned its first worthy competitor. Elon Musk should buy one as a kind of "good on you kiddo" type gesture :) ( + offer access to the SC network too with favourable terms too, you know these guys are gonna be big time interested!)

Are those rear seats normally in that lean-back position? Hopefully, the backs can be raised to a more upright position. They look like they are designed by default to nestle flush within that form-fitting back frame when in the reclined position as shown:

020a12_f882a74d4dad47b3b5b4b75ef618db5f-mv2_d_5792_3861_s_4_2.jpg

Maybe if I were an inebriated executive needing a place to sleep it off while my chauffeur is taking me to my mistress's condo I might find them appealing but, otherwise, they seem rather uncomfortable in sit in for any length of time. :)

Reactions: jgs
Are those rear seats normally in that lean-back position? Hopefully, the backs can be raised to a more upright position. They look like they are designed by default to nestle flush within that form-fitting back frame when in the reclined position as shown:

020a12_f882a74d4dad47b3b5b4b75ef618db5f-mv2_d_5792_3861_s_4_2.jpg

Maybe if I were an inebriated executive needing a place to sleep it off while my chauffeur is taking me to my mistress's condo I might find them appealing but, otherwise, they seem rather uncomfortable in sit in for any length of time. :)

I think you'll find they've engage "Snooze Mode", the spiritual antipodal point to "Ludicrous Mode". Torque response muted, all seats at 100% recline and ocean sounds through the 149-speaker system while the co-pilot drives the car ;)

• Funny
Reactions: wesley888
Are those rear seats normally in that lean-back position? Maybe if I were an inebriated executive needing a place to sleep it off while my chauffeur is taking me to my mistress's condo I might find them appealing but, otherwise, they seem rather uncomfortable in sit in for any length of time. :)

Solution: Pick the closest mistress.

RT

Length of time is where seats like that would excel. Its basically business class in a car. The problem (or, opportunity) is to develop a market for people to choose mid-distance auto travel over short distance air travel, like Norcal<-->Socal.
I dunno... slouch back, knees up isn't a comfortable sitting position for me. I'd rather sit upright and engage with my fellow passengers, take in the surroundings or read when on an extended trip, whether by air or road. Guess I'm just too proletariat to appreciate such an "executive" amenity.

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
I dunno... slouch back, knees up isn't a comfortable sitting position for me. I'd rather sit upright and engage with my fellow passengers, take in the surroundings or read when on an extended trip, whether by air or road. Guess I'm just too proletariat to appreciate such an "executive" amenity.

Adjustable rear seats. They are like adjustable front seats, except they are not in the front.

Reactions: Pollux and Alketi