Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid (Atieva) reveal is December 14th. I'll be there, let you know afterwards.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the video @Adm just added, I recognized the person talking at 24:40 (link). I remember him from the following Tesla video I watched a few years ago. I thought it was impressive. This guy knows what he is talking about. Considering he is now CTO at Lucid Motors, I think Lucid has a decent chance at being successful. The video below is from Tesla's youtube channel. It consists of 3 parts. I recommend watching all 3. You can find part 1 here. I think many of the great features in the Model S will be implemented in Lucid's car as well. @FredLambert, you could add this detail to your Lucid articles. According to the description in the Tesla video, Peter Rawlinson was Vice President of Vehicle Engineering at Tesla.

Update: Interestingly, in part 2 of Tesla's video, after 2:15 (link) you can see Nick Sampson (now at Faraday Future). It is amazing that this moment was captured in the following video.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Maybe Governor Ducey should have a quick chat with Nevada State Treasurer Dan Schwartz about investing in that new car factory thingie ("been there, done that"). Also, will they have to cut an opening in the wall between Arizona and Senora so parts destined for the Lucid plant can flow freely across the border? :)

Looks like from that press release / announcement video that the Lucid car will have a Model X style extended windshield. Good looking car too, even with the camo on. Glad to see some former Tesla people making what looks like is going to be another stellar vehicle.

Maybe Governor Ducey should have a quick chat with Nevada State Treasurer Dan Schwartz about investing in that new car factory thingie ("been there, done that"). Also, will they have to cut an opening in the wall between Arizona and Senora so parts destined for the Lucid plant can flow freely across the border? :)
Are you sure that Mr Schwartz knows what he is talking about. It might be like saying that someone should talk to the LA times about Elon, SpaceX or Tesla. It seems to me that Mr Schwartz has some sort of issue with the deal since the beginning and just repeats his warnings at every opportunity, and the press love to write about it since the drama draws readers. Just like the LA times with Elon.

l.jpg
cx5j3u4usaa1stm.jpg

Excited to see what shows up at this reveal. From everything I'm seeing, this is a company that actually seems to know what they're doing. While breaking in to the car market isn't an easy feat, this company is so far doing everything right. They have a long road ahead, and there are certainly no guarantees, but I wish them success in their endeavour.