Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Motors Announces Sales And Service Strategy, Retail Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Nine Lucid Studio locations to open in 2020. Today Lucid Motors announced their retail sales and service strategy, as well as the specific locations of the nine “Lucid Studios” planned to open in 2020. Sales From the press release: Lucid is focusing on a direct-to-consumer model, partnering with leading California-based design firms to build a...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/03/05/lucid-motors-announces-sales-strategy-locations/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

I wonder if they are planning on Mobile Service like Tesla ?

Sounds exactly like what Tesla does although Tesla does have it's own service centers and a few body shops but that takes time to build out and capital. From press release:

Lucid products such as the Air also feature over-the-air updates and remote diagnostics for immediate updates. Lucid service teams will deliver seamless customer service by utilizing mobile service vans and certified partners for roadside assistance and collision repairs.

I wonder where the Lucid showroom is going to be in Newark. They have their headquarters near Rt 84/880 across from Tesla's offices on the other side of 84 so see that as a possibility maybe. This is in more of an nice corporate park. From Google Maps there is vacant land being developed right next to what is labeled Lucid Motors @ PRC (I'm guessing that's their prototype shop). There's also the NewPark Mall (not exactly high end shopping like say Santana Row in San Jose) and the Fremont Auto Park Mall next door and right off 880, both in Newark. I don't see Newark as anywhere as chic a location as where I suspect they will place other stores in Beverly Hills for example. Retail/commercial space in this part of California (SF Bay area) is hard to find and pricy although maybe highend mall space has gone down a lot in square footage price due to the seemingly vacating of stores in malls these days.

Their factory will be in Casa Grande, AZ when completed.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see one in person. While I like the exterior front of the car, there are a number of things I don't care for on the Air. The Air being a 4-seater car (albeit with plush features) is not really a "family" car but more of a "corporate officer" car. I guess not unlike the early Model S executive seating models for the rear. With the Air's center console dividing the right and left sides of the interior, it is very limiting from that perspective. A lot of space is devoted to the 4 seat areas however from photos I've seen of the interior. Don't think I've ever seen any photos of any cargo space and as an executive car, business execs do have equipment, suitcases etc to carry with them. So even as a corporate livery vehicle it could have it's downside. I'll be curious to see the glass roof area. If it ever cracks seems like an expensive replacement. Another area I'm not sure about is the side door areas, it seems like the metal comes up to almost shoulder height when seated leaving much reduced side windows to look out. The dash area is rather traditional and have to say I have grown very accustom and comfortable with the clean minimal look of my Model 3. It does look like a very large car and will be interesting to see the specs and pricing.

Found this article from CNET on the latest developments. Lucid Motors is taking after Tesla with direct-to-consumer sales, mobile service - Roadshow Do people really want to put on VR glasses for sales presentations? With coronovirus out there, I'm not so sure how one would keep equipment placed at your face like that sanitary. I'd rather sit in the real car anyway. The CNET Roadshow article discusses in more depth the mall locations in Westfield Group locations. Since there's a San Jose location planned, I'm guessing it will be in their Westfield Valley Fair location on Stevens Creek (across from Santana Row) as oppose to the Oakridge/Blossom Hill Rd. location.

BTW Roadshow did an article back 12/16 with lot of photos if you want a more close up look. Possible some things may have changed from then. Lucid Air electric car promises executive interior, 1,000 horsepower - Roadshow

Last edited:
I'm planning to go to the NY Auto Show and hope that it is not cancelled. I haven't seen enough pictures to have any idea what it looks like, but having just bought my model 3 in December I am not looking to add another vehicle to the 3 and my Subaru Ascent.

Lucid Motors To Open 20 Sales And Service Locations In North America By End Of 2021

Below is a list of the first nine Lucid Studios and service centers set to open in the US; five of which are located in California:

• Silicon Valley Studio: Located at Lucid’s Global Headquarters in Newark, CA
  • Los Angeles Studios: Located at 9022 Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills, CA, and at Westfield Century City in Century City, CA
  • Los Angeles Service Center: Located at 9022 Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills, CA
  • San Jose Studio: Located at Westfield Valley Fair in San Jose, CA
  • Miami Studio: Located at Brickell City Centre in Miami, FL
  • West Palm Beach Studio: Located at Rosemary Square in West Palm Beach, FL
  • New York City Studio: Located in the Meatpacking District, NY
  • DC Metro Studio: Located at Tysons Corner Center in Tysons, VA