Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid tri-motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stand corrected - 2012 WAS the first deliveries - my mistake.

Lucid supplied (perhaps still does) battery packs - I haven't seen any mention of motors. We shall have to see how it all turns out once they start to actually deliver. If true they have mid east money as investors they will save a lot of time not having to raise money.

Thank you for being an early adopter and getting Tesla going. It would not have happened without people like you. thanks.

I think Tesla did more, started with less - but just my opinion and who really cares. I hope Lucid makes a go of it. I thought the same about Fisker who I guess is still trying. Autos are complex, lots of competition and many new EVs coming (even 3 wheelers). Interesting time to watch what happens.

Sorry to have wasted your time - You see glass half full, I see half empty and next summer many things will be starting.

(I watch CleanerWatt, also. Considering where Tesla stock and production is at, no real need to defend them any longer. Maybe I can remember that and not get triggered so easily.)
No worries. We are all keyboard warriors on here. It's so easy to become fixated on "winning" an argument by picking apart the other's points that one can end up forgetting the original question.

Tesla and Lucid are certainly different companies, but Lucid does seem to be following Tesla's blueprint, minus the charging network. The proof is in the pudding as they say. Can they execute?

In light of Nikola, I also don't blame people for being nervous about EV startups. Like a lot of companies, most of them will fail. Personally, I am rooting for Atlis, although I do not have the conviction to actually invest in them.

I want Lucid and other EV makers to succeed for a couple reasons. First, of course, the more EVs the better for the environment long term. But second, I think some real competition will force Tesla to shape up and fix their back end issues with QA, deliveries, and customer service in general.

Onward!

• Love
Reactions: Brando