TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lucky break ordering my S 90D

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Cbass206, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Cbass206

Cbass206 2017 Model S 90D

At the beginning of the month I ordered an inventory S 90D, solid black/fabric seats, sunroof, subzero package, air suspension, sunroof, and FSD. VIN in the 204's. It was being used as a loaner in Cleveland and I'm in Seattle. For various reasons, the delivery date kept slipping and slipping. In that time we've learned about AP2.5 hardware, packaging changes on options, the end of quarter sale, etc. I was also considering dropping the FSD since it doesn't seem like there is a ton of progress in that area lately.

Today I dropped by the delivery center to get an update on my car, since I hadn't heard anything and it's been 3 weeks. They said the car still hadn't arrived in Fremont to get to Seattle. I asked if there was any similarly spec'ed cars available locally, because I wasn't super picky and this was taking a long time with no end in sight at this point. I thought the chances were slim, cause they just don't have 90Ds anymore.

Well, sometimes you get lucky.

A blue/cream 90D just rolled off the line during the past few days. Today sometime the person who ordered it couldn't take delivery for some reason and it became available. It has a VIN 211xxx. It has option code APH3, so I'm assuming 2.5 hardware. Premium package, SAS, EAP, sunroof, and even the high amp charger. It's literally exactly the car I would have ordered for myself if I was going customs. And about 3k more than the black one.

So: I have lucked into exactly the car of my dreams, in the colors I really wanted in the first place, AND there is a really sweet black 90D that's coming available tonight or tomorrow. You can PM me and I'll get you in touch with the sales lady who has honestly taken amazing care of me.

Sometimes you just get lucky. Still pinching myself.

• Like x 11
    • Love x 4
  2. jfrieden

jfrieden Member

I'm really confused by this. The 90d is no longer in production, yet you got "AP3" and the new cream seats?

3. scottm

scottm Active Member

Buy a lotto ticket!!

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. Cbass206

IMG_4475.PNG Remember when I said lucky......!

This is still available:

IMG_4476.PNG

5. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

That's great, lucky you!

Once you actually get it can we get some pictures of the cream interior?

• Like x 1
  6. Cbass206

Absolutely. And since it's literally at the factory waiting to get on the next truck north, it shouldn't be too long before I can put those up.

• Like x 2
  7. vthomas

vthomas Member

You are lucky. I had my OA look this one up, and it was gone 5 minutes later. Congrats!

• Like x 1
  8. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Great colour scheme, that new cream with blue looks incredible.

• Like x 1
  9. Cbass206

Yup, first choice for sure. I had a 92 850i 6-speed with this combo some years ago and that was always my favorite car. Hoping that's gonna change in the next 2 weeks. So, besides just looking good, I have nostalgia for this color combo.

10. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

That is so weird. I thought new 90's were long gone. AP 2.5 are after August 21. o_O

11. Cbass206

If it's a 100D with a 90D badge on it, you won't see me put up a fight.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

This car could've been ordered months ago, when the 90D was still offered for sale as a current model.They are no longer being sold on the website as an actively available model but that doesn't mean they are no longer in production. They could have months worth of customer delayed orders for 90 kWh cars which still need to be built. When I first ordered mine, I ended up delaying delivery for 8 months because I was waiting for new hardware to hit.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. Ormond

Ormond Member

Blue and cream should be a great combination. Congratulations!

• Like x 1
  14. bryan04

bryan04 Member

@Cbass206 so the black 90 should be about 84k total after tax credit with sunroof, subzero package, air suspension, sunroof, and FSD if I'm doing my math correctly? The last photo cuts off before showing the showroom discount.

15. Cbass206

I didn't post the final price on that one because I know that the discounts change from time to time and could be different when they put it back up. I believe it was 84.4 for me, but I can't recall if that was before or after the referral discount.

16. bryan04

bryan04 Member

Looks like it might be this one as it's in Ohio and VIN is lower 204? Model S 90D 5YJSA1E29HF204184 | Tesla
    $81,700 after referral and tax credit. Has me tempted to switch from my 75

17. Cbass206

That's the one! Really was excited for it, and seems like a great deal. Especially if you're over that way and shipping it all over the country isn't an issue. And it appears they've lowered the price a bit more. I'd be truly shocked if this isn't picked up today by someone. Hell, with some better delivery circumstances this would have been in my driveway right now.

18. bryan04

bryan04 Member

I got a pretty sweet deal on an "inventory" S 75 that was still being painted and was discounted nicely. It'll be gone by the time I convince my wife to shell another 17k. Enjoy your new 90D. I test drove a blue one with the cream interior and I really liked the look.

• Like x 1
  19. jfrieden

jfrieden Member

The Cream interior has only been available since late July though.... This is definitely a newer order

• Informative x 1
  20. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

More proof that they are still in production! :)