Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucky break ordering my S 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cbass206

2017 Model S 90D
Aug 6, 2017
Shoreline, WA
At the beginning of the month I ordered an inventory S 90D, solid black/fabric seats, sunroof, subzero package, air suspension, sunroof, and FSD. VIN in the 204's. It was being used as a loaner in Cleveland and I'm in Seattle. For various reasons, the delivery date kept slipping and slipping. In that time we've learned about AP2.5 hardware, packaging changes on options, the end of quarter sale, etc. I was also considering dropping the FSD since it doesn't seem like there is a ton of progress in that area lately.

Today I dropped by the delivery center to get an update on my car, since I hadn't heard anything and it's been 3 weeks. They said the car still hadn't arrived in Fremont to get to Seattle. I asked if there was any similarly spec'ed cars available locally, because I wasn't super picky and this was taking a long time with no end in sight at this point. I thought the chances were slim, cause they just don't have 90Ds anymore.

Well, sometimes you get lucky.

A blue/cream 90D just rolled off the line during the past few days. Today sometime the person who ordered it couldn't take delivery for some reason and it became available. It has a VIN 211xxx. It has option code APH3, so I'm assuming 2.5 hardware. Premium package, SAS, EAP, sunroof, and even the high amp charger. It's literally exactly the car I would have ordered for myself if I was going customs. And about 3k more than the black one.

So: I have lucked into exactly the car of my dreams, in the colors I really wanted in the first place, AND there is a really sweet black 90D that's coming available tonight or tomorrow. You can PM me and I'll get you in touch with the sales lady who has honestly taken amazing care of me.

Sometimes you just get lucky. Still pinching myself.

IMG_4475.PNG
Remember when I said lucky......!

This is still available:

IMG_4476.PNG

At the beginning of the month I ordered an inventory S 90D, solid black/fabric seats, sunroof, subzero package, air suspension, sunroof, and FSD. VIN in the 204's. It was being used as a loaner in Cleveland and I'm in Seattle. For various reasons, the delivery date kept slipping and slipping. In that time we've learned about AP2.5 hardware, packaging changes on options, the end of quarter sale, etc. I was also considering dropping the FSD since it doesn't seem like there is a ton of progress in that area lately.

Today I dropped by the delivery center to get an update on my car, since I hadn't heard anything and it's been 3 weeks. They said the car still hadn't arrived in Fremont to get to Seattle. I asked if there was any similarly spec'ed cars available locally, because I wasn't super picky and this was taking a long time with no end in sight at this point. I thought the chances were slim, cause they just don't have 90Ds anymore.

Well, sometimes you get lucky.

A blue/cream 90D just rolled off the line during the past few days. Today sometime the person who ordered it couldn't take delivery for some reason and it became available. It has a VIN 211xxx. It has option code APH3, so I'm assuming 2.5 hardware. Premium package, SAS, EAP, sunroof, and even the high amp charger. It's literally exactly the car I would have ordered for myself if I was going customs. And about 3k more than the black one.

So: I have lucked into exactly the car of my dreams, in the colors I really wanted in the first place, AND there is a really sweet black 90D that's coming available tonight or tomorrow. You can PM me and I'll get you in touch with the sales lady who has honestly taken amazing care of me.

Sometimes you just get lucky. Still pinching myself.
Great colour scheme, that new cream with blue looks incredible.

Reactions: Cbass206
I'm really confused by this. The 90d is no longer in production, yet you got "AP3" and the new cream seats?
This car could've been ordered months ago, when the 90D was still offered for sale as a current model.They are no longer being sold on the website as an actively available model but that doesn't mean they are no longer in production. They could have months worth of customer delayed orders for 90 kWh cars which still need to be built. When I first ordered mine, I ended up delaying delivery for 8 months because I was waiting for new hardware to hit.

I didn't post the final price on that one because I know that the discounts change from time to time and could be different when they put it back up. I believe it was 84.4 for me, but I can't recall if that was before or after the referral discount.

Looks like it might be this one as it's in Ohio and VIN is lower 204? Model S 90D 5YJSA1E29HF204184 | Tesla
$81,700 after referral and tax credit. Has me tempted to switch from my 75

That's the one! Really was excited for it, and seems like a great deal. Especially if you're over that way and shipping it all over the country isn't an issue. And it appears they've lowered the price a bit more. I'd be truly shocked if this isn't picked up today by someone. Hell, with some better delivery circumstances this would have been in my driveway right now.

This car could've been ordered months ago, when the 90D was still offered for sale as a current model.They are no longer being sold on the website as an actively available model but that doesn't mean they are no longer in production. They could have months worth of customer delayed orders for 90 kWh cars which still need to be built. When I first ordered mine, I ended up delaying delivery for 8 months because I was waiting for new hardware to hit.
The Cream interior has only been available since late July though.... This is definitely a newer order

• Informative
Reactions: pfremm