Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Luder94's Sales, Ordering, and Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery of the HPWC.
1044707_10151762643353413_1819998875_n.jpg

1010743_10151762644043413_1710646029_n.jpg

6186_10151762644703413_966730321_n.jpg

My car went 'online' this morning via "Tesla Connect" Windows phone app developed by a fellow owner! No 'rated range' on the car, but was allowed to 'log-in', showing driving status I s 'parked', roof status of 'closed', lock status as 'unknown', climate = 'off', temps = 'unknown', car located in CA, 'me' located in IL......I LOVE THIS!!!

Cannot wait. I'm hoping this means that my car will be ready for delivery soon!

dejavo0,

I didn't get a response from Tesla Finance until just a few days ago, after my DS had asked if and where I secured financing. They asked me to fill out a form; I didn't do it because I already have something lined up. I wish their production/delivery processes where more tied together so that customers would get more communication effectively and timely.

Oh well.

Electrician is coming over tomorrow early in the morning to install the HPWC and run power and lines to the garage. Taking delivery on the car on Saturday evening, so that the wife and I can go out to a nice dinner in the city right after. Also took a measurement of the garage today to find the 'park-able' length is 16'3". The car measures 16'9". The car will hopefully raise up high enough to back into the garage and clear a 6" high landing that's 3' deep. If not, we are going to have to build a small ramp to clear the stoop and eventually have a concrete guy remove the stoop.....which leads me to have a great reason to re-finish my garage the way I want to.

I'm really upset my garage isn't deeper at the moment.

Delivery experience as of 7/6...series of ups ad downs.

Early in the week, I got word from Tesla DS that my car would be delivered to the service center on Friday, 7/5 and would be ready for pickup on 7/6. Big thumbs up! 2 problems, however.
1). Because of my work and travel schedule, I wasn't able to line up electricians to give me a quote for 100 amp line service to the garage and HPWC install.
2). Finalizing signatures and loan paperwork with Alliant Credit Union needed to be completed so that I'd have a check in hand on delivery day.

On Tuesday, I lined up all the emails to the Tesla DS and the loan agent to the credit union so that paperwork could be sent, e-signed, and "Pay Now" could be activated on MyTesla site. On Wednesday by the time I landed at O'Hare, both Tesla DS (Andrew O'Donnell) and Alliant loan agent (Scott Meyer) did EVERYTHING they needed and more. Big THUMBS UP to both of them.

My wife and I e-signed everything by 3PM Friday so that the loan could be finalized and checks could be cut and overnighted to me; also scheduled a pickup from Tesla Service center for 6PM Saturday at the Chicago location. Added plus, electrician came over Friday morning from a job he was on to quote and schedule me the 100 amp line install to the garage and install for the HPWC. Here's where it goes wrong....he tells me I need to upgrade the fuse panel in the basement, upgrade the line coming into the main fuse panel, have close to 100' of conduit to install, install a fuse panel in the garage, and will take two days and can't get me until 15th and 16th....plus $5000 cost, discounted.

Ok, first bad pill to swallow, but I guess I have to bite the bullet for my own busy schedule working against me.

Now it's Saturday, I haven't seen or been visited by either FedEx or UPS for the loan check delivery...and usually things overnighted to my are delivered by noon. I called the DS, let him know the situation and we re-scheduled for next Friday, seeing that I'm back in Mexico Monday through Thursday. I can't see how I'll be effective this week while my thoughts will be on my Tesla sitting in the Service Center all week.

Next plus, I've got another electrician coming over to quote me for the install to see if I can get a better deal. We'll see how that turns out.

This 'delivery' thing is taking years off my life with the excessive anticipation, angst, etc. The sales experience was great, delivery....not as great. I'll definitely be singing another tune once I have car in hand (or rather butt in seat).

Delivery experience as of 7/6...series of ups ad downs.

Early in the week, I got word from Tesla DS that my car would be delivered to the service center on Friday, 7/5 and would be ready for pickup on 7/6. Big thumbs up! 2 problems, however.
1). Because of my work and travel schedule, I wasn't able to line up electricians to give me a quote for 100 amp line service to the garage and HPWC install.
2). Finalizing signatures and loan paperwork with Alliant Credit Union needed to be completed so that I'd have a check in hand on delivery day.

On Tuesday, I lined up all the emails to the Tesla DS and the loan agent to the credit union so that paperwork could be sent, e-signed, and "Pay Now" could be activated on MyTesla site. On Wednesday by the time I landed at O'Hare, both Tesla DS (Andrew O'Donnell) and Alliant loan agent (Scott Meyer) did EVERYTHING they needed and more. Big THUMBS UP to both of them.

My wife and I e-signed everything by 3PM Friday so that the loan could be finalized and checks could be cut and overnighted to me; also scheduled a pickup from Tesla Service center for 6PM Saturday at the Chicago location. Added plus, electrician came over Friday morning from a job he was on to quote and schedule me the 100 amp line install to the garage and install for the HPWC. Here's where it goes wrong....he tells me I need to upgrade the fuse panel in the basement, upgrade the line coming into the main fuse panel, have close to 100' of conduit to install, install a fuse panel in the garage, and will take two days and can't get me until 15th and 16th....plus $5000 cost, discounted.

Ok, first bad pill to swallow, but I guess I have to bite the bullet for my own busy schedule working against me.

Now it's Saturday, I haven't seen or been visited by either FedEx or UPS for the loan check delivery...and usually things overnighted to my are delivered by noon. I called the DS, let him know the situation and we re-scheduled for next Friday, seeing that I'm back in Mexico Monday through Thursday. I can't see how I'll be effective this week while my thoughts will be on my Tesla sitting in the Service Center all week.

Next plus, I've got another electrician coming over to quote me for the install to see if I can get a better deal. We'll see how that turns out.

This 'delivery' thing is taking years off my life with the excessive anticipation, angst, etc. The sales experience was great, delivery....not as great. I'll definitely be singing another tune once I have car in hand (or rather butt in seat).

Luder94, Do you really need the HPWC installed in your garage? You may be able to get away with all that trouble by install the NEMA 14-50 outlet. I have the electrician came and installed my outlets in the garage for $300 each, $600 total for both outlets. with the 40A-50A outlet, your original fuses panel should be able to handle it. It would save money, time, and trouble.

That's simply stunning, I ordered a very similar car to yours, same color, similar options, just trade the silver wheels for grey ones, some CF, etc. I had a similar issue with the HPWC install, an electrician experienced installing HPWC's quoted me $7k - $10k to install the unit in the parking garage of my condo (500+ feet of conduit cable). My in-laws live about 1 mile away (don't worry I actually like them), and the install I think would be less expensive doing it there, since it's a house. Plus we're over there enough to charge there in a pinch. I've also got a 14-50 plug one parking garage over from mine, and 110v plugs in my own garage, so that'll be my options.

Congrats, it's beautiful. Enjoy it in good health.