Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since there was a bit of discussion lately on another forum about the Sport mode acceleration times a few weeks back, I decided to test it. Since it's winter time in Belgium (but not that cold) and I'm running on 19" winter tires and almost-dry roads, I didn't have the ideal circumstances. But still a big difference and indeed a 0-100kph time in the 4s range (estimated under ideal circumstances), which deviates quite a bit from the statements of some that it will do around 3s.

Planning on redoing the test when the weather is favorable, with complete dry roads and my 21" summer tires. Already managed once to get a 2.8s 0-100kph with those tires on a damp road, so we should see some difference then. But in the meantime, enjoy the video:

Cheers,
Steven

What you say your car makes 775hp - then you're looking at the battery power, you really should be looking at the motor power..

I did mention the battery horsepower when going over the specific screen. Perhaps I could have been more clear. But that still makes 730HP if you count the motor horsepower, even though peak horsepower will not be achieved at the same time. We don't get to see those numbers accurately enough to get maximum combined motor horsepower.

OK, good to know. What times should be added for the roll out? I guess in general that is the 0.2s difference with European times, as we go to 62mph and don't include the roll out?
The difference in time from 0-60mph and 0-100kmph is about .179s more. The difference between a roll out time and a not roll out time is about .332s less with a roll out.