Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous+ Doesn't Seem To Work!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 2018 MX P100DL with firmware 2019.20.1 in Holland. Yesterday I had a charge state of around 80%. I use "Scan my Tesla" with ODB CAN bus and did an acceleration test with my son. It said 3.59 seconds to 100km/h in Ludicrous mode (no battery heating). I then proceeded to activate Ludicrous+ and saw the the temperature countdown. I then initiated launch mode in the correct way and got dashboard confirmation. My data then gave me 3.72s to 100km/h . Any body knows what this is about? Ludicrous+ should give me close to 2.9 seconds no? I mean this way even a modest Lamborghini Aventador can beat me at the stop lights. That would be a big humiliation.;)

Do you have data to show your car was faster previously? Are you on summer tires? Track prepped surface?

The 2.9 0-60 is under ideal conditions.

I don't have previous data. But Ludicrous+ supposed to be faster then just Ludicrous no? I got the same or slightly worse date compared.
I am on 22inch onyx summer tires from Good Year. The test was on smooth asphalt.

Ludicrous+ and launch mode should give you better results, also did you tested the easteregg + or the button next to ludicrous. Maybe your battery was too cold. Test the easteregg at 95-90%soc and launch mode, it should give 3-3.3 sec to 100

Reactions: 4DXP
Ludicrous+ and launch mode should give you better results, also did you tested the easteregg + or the button next to ludicrous. Maybe your battery was too cold. Test the easteregg at 95-90%soc and launch mode, it should give 3-3.3 sec to 100
Not the easter egg. Just the LUDICROUS+ button and then confirmation to activate MAXIMUM BATTERY power. Then you can see the countdown when the battery is heated. It was ready when I tested.

Not the easter egg. Just the LUDICROUS+ button and then confirmation to activate MAXIMUM BATTERY power. Then you can see the countdown when the battery is heated. It was ready when I tested.

I would use the Ludi+ easter egg function. There seems to be a difference in heating vs. just doing Ludi+ Max Battery.

Also, the 2.9 is probably with a 1ft roll out.

• Informative
Reactions: rickyjb
Unfortunately for actual full top speed, you need to have lud+ turned on and fully prepped (usually 30 mins) after its ready you then need to charge the car again you want as close to 100% battery as possible. (Higher battery % = more power, then naturally you also need to do a launch.

Other factors: very low suspension, flat road, 22"s usually perform the best, wind etc etc

0-60 in 2.8 on a 2018 P100D X, are "Ideal" performance so occasionally expect some slightly higher numbers.

Chances are your gonna be faster than 99% of other cars in a 1/4 mile regardless.

• Helpful
Reactions: VikH and 4DXP
i am also unimpressed with my numbers

2016 Model X P90DL (2019.16.2)
3.74 on L
3.63 on L+

far from the rated 3 sec flat....

my P3D was faster (@ 3.4) and didn't require any warming up BS :mad:

Did you ever figure out what was going on? Did your 0-60 times ever improve? I'm experiencing a similar problem on a used P90DL that I recently purchased. My times are in the 4's.

Did you ever figure out what was going on? Did your 0-60 times ever improve? I'm experiencing a similar problem on a used P90DL that I recently purchased. My times are in the 4's.

Yes! Well, kinda. Although still not ideal number but considerably closer. So far I'm at 3.4

My conditions were:
~90% soc
L+
Launch mode <-important
Suspension very low <-important

I have new kicks (22s) but not sure if it improved the numbers

I really don't know how to get that 0.4 sec. The soc does not make a difference between 80 and 100. I have confirmed that with my p3d and the mx90dl

Reactions: VikH
Yes! Well, kinda. Although still not ideal number but considerably closer. So far I'm at 3.4

My conditions were:
~90% soc
L+
Launch mode <-important
Suspension very low <-important

I have new kicks (22s) but not sure if it improved the numbers

I really don't know how to get that 0.4 sec. The soc does not make a difference between 80 and 100. I have confirmed that with my p3d and the mx90dl

I wonder if there is power restrictions. What was your peak power? For reference, I recently did 3.11 sec 0-60 in L++, very low, but w/o warm battery, w/o launch mode and in 33 degrees F. With a warm pack, launch mode and a warm day I probably could get to 2.9.

I've had an S P90DL and now an X P100DL+ and I can never figure out launch mode so I don't use it.... it's 'choose ludi+, wait forever, then brake, accelerator, brake?'... right? No clue.

Also, don't the 22s make the car slower by 0.2 sec? I just got rid of my 22s (well, they're in the garage) and went back to 20s... the range where I live seems to have been reduced by about 40 miles. My usual drive is 150 miles Phoenix to Flagstaff, about 10,000 feet of climb, usually averaging 85mph, my range is less than 150 miles. With the new 20s, we'll see.

I've had an S P90DL and now an X P100DL+ and I can never figure out launch mode so I don't use it.... it's 'choose ludi+, wait forever, then brake, accelerator, brake?'... right? No clue.

Also, don't the 22s make the car slower by 0.2 sec? I just got rid of my 22s (well, they're in the garage) and went back to 20s... the range where I live seems to have been reduced by about 40 miles. My usual drive is 150 miles Phoenix to Flagstaff, about 10,000 feet of climb, usually averaging 85mph, my range is less than 150 miles. With the new 20s, we'll see.

You have to be in the Easter Egg Ludicrous+ mode to use launch control. Hold down Ludicrous+ for 5 seconds (and then pick Bring it On) or use the toybox and pick the light-speed star field.

You have to be in the Easter Egg Ludicrous+ mode to use launch control. Hold down Ludicrous+ for 5 seconds (and then pick Bring it On) or use the toybox and pick the light-speed star field.
I never get the Bring It On dialog box. I only get a Max Battery box and I touch the Max Battery button and it turns blue. I then have to touch somewhere else on the screen to make the Max Battery box go away.

In fact I've never seen the Bring It On vs Want My Mommy box others have posted. I also do not get the different graphics on my smaller display once the battery has warmed up and shows as Ready. I've seen pics of graphics posted in this forum that I have never seen in my vehicle. I must be doing something wrong?

I never get the Bring It On dialog box. I only get a Max Battery box and I touch the Max Battery button and it turns blue. I then have to touch somewhere else on the screen to make the Max Battery box go away.

In fact I've never seen the Bring It On vs Want My Mommy box others have posted. I also do not get the different graphics on my smaller display once the battery has warmed up and shows as Ready. I've seen pics of graphics posted in this forum that I have never seen in my vehicle. I must be doing something wrong?

Don't bother tapping Ludicrous+. You have to either tap and hold the Ludicrous+ button for 5 seconds, or just go to the toybox and tap the starfield picture/button. Doing either of those things will bring up the special Bring it On prompt. Just tapping Ludicrous+ and waiting doesn't activate full power or launch mode - it just heats the battery.

Reactions: VikH