Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Easter Egg

stevezzzz

R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR;YLR
Nov 13, 2009
Colorado
It makes me question my sanity that an Easter Egg could have me rethinking my decision not to add Ludicrous to my P85D...:wink:

cgiGuy

Jul 9, 2013
Everywhere, Nowhere
Instead of getting ap working sooner, lets work on this Easter egg. Glad to see Tesla has their priorities straight.

Maybe it was a different team that had some downtime. Maybe things like this help the morale of the teams and actually motivate them. Hard to believe you'd hear "Let's put AP on hold for a few days and work on Easter eggs" in a staff meeting.

hpham007

Banned
Jul 17, 2015
Houston
Maybe it was a different team that had some downtime. Maybe things like this help the morale of the teams and actually motivate them. Hard to believe you'd hear "Let's put AP on hold for a few days and work on Easter eggs" in a staff meeting.

Development resource allocation aside, every software change requires extensive unit/functional, integration, regression testing at a minimum. If I recall, when the 85D was first released, there was a bug that caused the car to shut down if a certain setting was enabled. Then there was a recent bug which caused low speed shuttering in dual motor cars. It looks like Tesla does not treat the software development/testing as seriously as they need too, especially if they have time to play around with easter eggs. You also have to question if easter eggs are even appropriate in software that controls a 2 ton car. Would it be appropriate if Boeing developers put in easter eggs in the aeronautical software of the 777 to improve morale?

Max*

Charging
Apr 8, 2015
NoVa
Development resource allocation aside, every software change requires extensive unit/functional, integration, regression testing at a minimum. If I recall, when the 85D was first released, there was a bug that caused the car to shut down if a certain setting was enabled. Then there was a recent bug which caused low speed shuttering in dual motor cars. It looks like Tesla does not treat the software development/testing as seriously as they need too, especially if they have time to play around with easter eggs. You also have to question if easter eggs are even appropriate in software that controls a 2 ton car. Would it be appropriate if Boeing developers put in easter eggs in the aeronautical software of the 777 to improve morale?

They're not putting an easter egg into the safety critical components. Press this button, and the airbag deploys with a smiley face, otherwise you get a grumpy face.

They're putting an easter egg into something fairly meaningless.

perkiset

... this one goes to 11
Jan 7, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Easter eggs also continue the sassiness of the Tesla persona. It's a tiny, un-impactful mod that adds cache to the entire package. It's anti-stodgy and helps morale while we keep looking for the AP buttons ;)

Beckler

Oct 22, 2012
Canada
Would it be appropriate if Boeing developers put in easter eggs in the aeronautical software of the 777 to improve morale?

Only if they're fun and quirky!! :D Although it wouldn't matter anyway since those 777 pilots are asleep or drunk most of the time - or at least during takeoff and landing.

yo mama

Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2015
san jose, CA
Very cool but quit teasing me, Elon. Can we hurry up and get the Ludicrous upgrades rolling for P85D owners? Because I'm really excited about that and want to give you my money.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC