Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Mode free now (11/2020) vs 10-20k in 3/2020??!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a new MS about 8 months ago. Ludacris mode was an additional 10-20k.

I went looking online today, and new inventory cars with ludicrous mode are priced nearly identical (+a grand or two presumable for the additional fsd charge)

what gives tesla!? Brutal

I bought a new MS about 8 months ago. Ludacris mode was an additional 10-20k.

I went looking online today, and new inventory cars with ludicrous mode are priced nearly identical (+a grand or two presumable for the additional fsd charge)

what gives tesla!? Brutal
I thought Ludacris was included in all new performance S/X since Q2 2019.

Last edited:
Totally... I get reasonable increases or decreases on year to year models, but to slap people in the face with 15-20% freebies in a year, let alone 8 months is a slap in the face.

Is what it is
Where you offended when you paid what you paid, knowing (or probably not) that not long before, the P100D was up to 160k ?
We paid for our S85 in 2015 the same amount that would get us today a new Performance, with all the improvements (battery, MCU2, charge speed & full option).
I’m glad Tesla stays sharp and offers the best at the best price so they can still make money with it.

Reactions: aerodyne and jdr93
I thought Ludacris was included in all new performance S/X since Q2 2019.
There’s no way Tesla is throwing this guy in with every sale of a performance model
5A2BCF4F-C796-436E-99A2-23CFC87A2E23.jpeg

Where you offended when you paid what you paid, knowing (or probably not) that not long before, the P100D was up to 160k ?
We paid for our S85 in 2015 the same amount that would get us today a new Performance, with all the improvements (battery, MCU2, charge speed & full option).
I’m glad Tesla stays sharp and offers the best at the best price so they can still make money with it.

I don’t think so. I was happy with 95% of the car. I think the difference in scenarios is your 2015 to a 2020. 3-5 years for those hardware upgrades VS 6 months same year/model for a 10-20k difference

Nonetheless, i am more or less curious if Ludacrisin these newer models are just software, or if they are coming with additional hardware required to run it.

Lowering EV prices is part of Tesla’s mission over time. Manufacturing efficiencies, vertical integration, and innovation will continue to make Tesla products more affordable. If it is worth the price at purchase time then buy it and enjoy your awesome car.

Purchasing a Tesla means some double-digit percentage of your cost is going to fund Research & Development of future products, and making manufacturing more efficient. Where else would the money come from?! Realizing this, it's still a bit bitter pill to swallow, but I'm fine with it given the amazing work they're doing and what they're coming out with.

Also realize that, as long as you replace it with another Tesla, you yourself will be benefitting from that donation in the form of a better, lower-cost car when it's time to refresh.

Reactions: AustinP
Base Model S now costs almost half what I paid for my Performance, is faster than my Performance, and included Autopilot in base price.

Tesla prices go down over time while the number of things you get goes up.