TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ludicrous Mode to be added later?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Maximilien, Jun 27, 2018.

?

Will there be ludicrous mode on Performance Model 3?

1. No, not at all due to the underline badge already taken.

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. Yes, it will be via software update for all Model 3 Performance FOR FREE

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Yes, it will be via software update for all Model 3 Performance FOR ADDITIONAL FEE

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  4. Yes, but without software update. Earlier performance buyers not eligible; future config page only

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. rob968

rob968 Member

There was a recent tweet where someone asked about ludicrous for the 3, and Elon tweeted back, “you never know”. So, it’s a possibility, but certainly not guaranteed.

• Like x 1
  2. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Active Member

I like this topic

Hey, Elon Said xxx
    NO HE DIDNT FOOL!!!
    Um, here is a link that shows him saying xxx?
    YEAH BUT STILL

^_^

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums

I didnt say " no he didnt" I said " are we really trying to hold tesla accountable for a tweet that happened over a year before the car was released... and make a post NOW saying " elon said" as if this was new news?

• Funny x 1
  4. Tron 3

Tron 3 Member

Where's my popcorn...

5. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Elon been saying a lot of sugar for a lot of years.

get off my lawn

/shakes Tesla cane

• Love x 1
  6. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

I think if something he says translates into a sale he should make good on it.

7. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

Seems like it would compete with the S. Not sure he'd do that.

8. MagnusMako

MagnusMako Member

@OP - There are already numerous threads which dive into this general topic. Please use search. A few thread titles such as the following are probably all you need: "Ludicrous Upgrade" or "For AWD owners wanting a P3D-" or "Teslarati speculates that Ludicrous mode is coming" and "Petition: AWD to P3-".

In any case, Elon actually did tweet a month ago in regards to the model 3 and possibly "more performance" via OTA. I think it's in the cards, but they're holding off on it because they want to time it right. This and the old tweet are the most "official" info we have.

OTA.PNG

• Like x 1
  9. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

That was not in reference to Ludicrous mode per se. just “more power” which could just mean a small, OTA improvement.

10. SlimJim

SlimJim Member

Elon wishes no one saw that tweet.

• Funny x 1
  11. Phlier

Phlier Bluebird

Well, this is kind of a no-win situation.

Elon tweets about something in 2016. Let's say it's "ludicrous" for Model 3.

Two days go by, someone asks him where it is. Response, "Dude! Give the man time to work!"

Six months go by, someone asks him where it is. Response, "Dude! Give the man time to work!"

One year goes by, someone asks him where it is. Response, "Let the man work!"

Two+ years go by, someone asks him where it is. Response, "Really? you're going to hold him to a tweet from 2016?"

So at what point is it considered enough time to ask, but not too much time that we can no longer hold him to something he said?

• Like x 2