Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous + on XP100DL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is available. I have used it on my P100DL and can feel the difference. I believe the quoted time is 2.8

that's what i was thinking.... if Tesla says 2.9 for the X-P100D, then i'd imagine the L+ would shave a tenth off of that and get down to 2.8.

but is it just a tenth? the S went from 2.5 to 2.2. might the X get into the 2.6 or 2.7 range?

i'd love it if someone (like Motortrend, or anyone with a Vbox) would spec out a lightweight X (let's see.... 5-seat config, 20-inch wheels, that's about it) and run it at high altitude.

goes back to a basic question i have.... a loaded P100D X or S both cost about the same, $160,000. so if the S runs 2.3 and the X runs 2.8, then basically choosing the X over the S means giving up a half-second in the 0-60, but gaining so much more size, room, falcon-wing doors, automatic front doors, helicopter windshield, newer design, etc, etc.

i debated a long time between getting my third Model S or switching it up and getting an X. after an overnight test drive which quelled any concerns over ride quality (i think the ride quality of the X is fantastic and indeed quite sporty. almost identical to the S now that there's no Performance Plus suspension available anymore)

... the answer it obvious, the X wins! i'm sorry, but the diff between 2.8 and 2.3 is just not that noticeable. both slam you back in your seat and give you a thousand times more power/speed than you will likely ever need.

how much horse power does the Model X P100D have?

like, real horsepower. not *up to*.

the recent CNN article about the 2.2 Model S says 760hp. is that accurate? is that with or without the + easter egg?
With the easter egg the max power has been reported at 575 kw which is 770 hp. That's the electrical horsepower from the battery. The output from the motors is around 620 hp. Without the easter egg the motors produce about 605 hp.