Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Plus is HERE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit slick outside in my area to try the new update. Anyone get the 2.4?

Same thing here. I did confirm the L+ Easter Egg was included in my update. I was able to successfully turn it on following the steps from the video. It is too wet for any full power launches at the moment, but I didn't really notice any change on the butt dyno. I also couldn't drive around waiting the 1+ hours for max battery power to be ready. May be that there is no difference until max battery power is fully available.

I also confirmed as was noted in the video that the additional diagnostic information isn't available until you hit max battery power. It never became available in the 25 or so minutes I drove the car today.

Same thing here. I did confirm the L+ Easter Egg was included in my update. I was able to successfully turn it on following the steps from the video. It is too wet for any full power launches at the moment, but I didn't really notice any change on the butt dyno. I also couldn't drive around waiting the 1+ hours for max battery power to be ready. May be that there is no difference until max battery power is fully available.

I also confirmed as was noted in the video that the additional diagnostic information isn't available until you hit max battery power. It never became available in the 25 or so minutes I drove the car today.
Can you clarify a couple of things with your firmware?
1. Is the message new/different from what we've seen before when you choose Max Battery Power without L+?
2. With MBP without L+, do you get any of the new L+ UI in the instrument cluster?

Thanks.

I don't think there is a new L+ UI, I think it was accidentally left in the 2.52.22 version, and isn't in the 2.52.36 version.

The same way that some people reported the "Readout" display being available in 2.52.20 and service centers telling them it shouldn't be there.

I don't think there is a new L+ UI, I think it was accidentally left in the 2.52.22 version, and isn't in the 2.52.36 version.

The same way that some people reported the "Readout" display being available in 2.52.20 and service centers telling them it shouldn't be there.

Actually, my car had finally warmed up to max battery power when I went back out to my garage a minute ago. It has the full display shown on the video including the diagnostic info on the left and the purple gauge on the normal power graph on the right.

Actually, my car had finally warmed up to max battery power when I went back out to my garage a minute ago. It has the full display shown on the video including the diagnostic info on the left and the purple gauge on the normal power graph on the right.

Great! Thanks for letting us know. Can you confirm which firmware version you have? (.22 or .36)

It looked just like this (from the video):

upload_2017-1-11_17-5-21.png

Car reports:
Peak Motor Power: 161 kW front, 354 kW rear
Peak Batt Power: 573 kW
(at 3:34 mark)

...now, how do we get those "extra" 58 kW to the wheels?!

Peak Battery - Peak front motor - Peak rear motor = waste ("efficiency")
573 - 161 - 354 = 58

uhhhhh watch the video first?

Numbers are from the video.

With the plus mode seems there's still 58 on the table... what would it take to get it to the wheels?

• Informative
Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Can you clarify a couple of things with your firmware?
1. Is the message new/different from what we've seen before when you choose Max Battery Power without L+?
2. With MBP without L+, do you get any of the new L+ UI in the instrument cluster?

Thanks.

On #1, there is no difference from the way it worked before when you choose Max Battery Power. You only get the additional message if you enable the easter egg for L+.

On #2, you do not get the new L+ UI unless you enable the easter egg. The purple bar shows up immediately, but the diagnostics on the left only show up when max battery power says "Ready".

Here are some pics I took. The first is with L+ engaged, but before it hits MBP.

upload_2017-1-11_17-28-6.png

This is after it hits MBP with L+ engaged.

upload_2017-1-11_17-28-42.png

With the plus mode seems there's still 58 on the table... what would it take to get it to the wheels?

Assuming a 95% efficiency rating on the inverter at least half of that 58 kW is lost in the inverter and won't be going to the wheels anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised based on the amount of power if most of that loss is inverter efficiency and the rest is lost to resistance/heat in the wire interconnects.

But I'm just guessing at the numbers.

Mike