Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous? RWD 70?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Range is great, but come on, do we really need to be in the high 2s now for acceleration - who actually gets to even use what the 70 is capable most of the time. ;-) Great to see though.

Happy with 70 for now here as plenty of range for me but I sure hope that packs/capacity keep getting bigger so when I want to upgrade we are in the 100s! ;-)

T

I suppose, but that doesn't seem to live up to the promise of what Tesla said. Today's update does, but is not an OTA update. I'll stop stirring the pot...

I tend to agree that .1 s is not what anyone expected him to mean.

At least today they're being honest that this is a profit margin thing - they said quite bluntly that the margins are lower on the cheap cars, and they're pushing them higher on the expensive ones. Even a fancy fuse can't cost more than $1000 so there's a hell of a lot of profit in that $10k.

A lot of guys have been waiting for this upgrade at the drag strip...0-60 mph time 2.8 seconds with a quarter mile time of 10.9 seconds.

Ludicrous Speed upgrad.JPG