Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Tesla Factory Experience 7/21/17..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sad.... I just sent my cancellation in.... Hope someone on this forum gets to go. Parenthood is a fickle beast... good news is I should get an invite to model 3 a week later if I'm not blacklisted for cowardice

Was wondering if it was just for the earliest earliest p100d owners (which should have all had AP1 and shortly afterwards AP2 rolled out), or a larger group.

I don't have a horse in the race... just curious and trying to gauge how far the invite net is, and also motive/etc.
To answer your question... I ordered my car in December, and I think I just lucked out in good timing... being a massive obsessive compulsive with a short attention span, who checks is email 10x a day in case Elon personally wants to offer me a car on email... also, I pulled off 7 referrals by some miracle... maybe that bumped me up the list? Doubt it, I think I just caught it right after email went out.

I hope we can get a good recap of the event afterwards, especially the Doug Field Q&A. Unfortunately, none of the youtubers/podcasters (except for Brooks from dragtimes) owns a P100D. Barring an NDA, maybe one of y'all kind folks could invite one to report back to us? :)

Was wondering if it was just for the earliest earliest p100d owners (which should have all had AP1 and shortly afterwards AP2 rolled out), or a larger group.

I don't have a horse in the race... just curious and trying to gauge how far the invite net is, and also motive/etc.

Model S P100D (Ordered October delivered in December)... No invite for me :(

It must have only been for VERY early P100D orders.

Just curious why they're holding this event only one week before the highly anticipated Model 3 event, also at the Fremont factory. Other than generating some goodwill with current P100D owners, what do you think is its purpose? Making sure their high-end customers don't feel neglected with all the hoopla and focus on that young whippersnapper, the Model 3?

Last edited:
Either this event was so dull no one wants to share their experience, or an NDA was required. I was really surprised to not see any updates on this thread.
Same thought here. I checked this thread last night and again this morning to see if any attendees had commented. After the recent VIP tour/event, several people wrote in with their summaries and impressions. Even if there's an NDA for this "ludicrous" event, I'd think one can say, yes, I attended but I'm not allowed to talk about it.