Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous underline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im looking at a 2015 Model S P85d. The dashboard screen has an underline. And the rear badging has an underline. 057 even has underline based on vin.
But ev-CPO says no ludicrous. Could this be an example of someone installing it later?

I'm looking at used cars online and the person has not posted all of the screens. Any thoughts?

EV-CPO likely goes off the original Monroney sticker. Ludicrous wasn't a thing until after the car was made. It was a $5k upgrade post-purchase. The dashboard screen should be key as to whether the car has Ludicrous mode.
That *should* be the case but it is possible, though not likely, the vehicle was rooted.

You could either check the power output during a launch or verify the existence of the pyro fuse to be 100% sure.

Or contact Tesla. They should be able to tell you if the “L” retrofit was performed based on service history.

Upvote 0
If they only rooted the car to add the feature, they sure went the extra mile to replace the badge. I wonder how long the non-Ludicrous fuse and contactors would last if they didn't replace those.

Tesla was so oblivious (perhaps intentionally) to the work they did themselves that they took Ludicrous mode off the car a couple months after I purchased it from them and refused to put it back on because the feature wasn't on the original sticker. Fortunately I had kept the correspondence with the sales advisor confirming the car had Ludicrous before I plunked down my money to buy it. They begrudgingly put it back after seeing that.

Upvote 0