TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ludicrous update part update?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Jallum.pa.us, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Jallum.pa.us

Jallum.pa.us Member

I was just proactively contacted by Tesla to schedule an appointment to replace a part used in the ludicrous update. Does anyone know what this part might be, or why it might need to be replaced? Has anyone else been contacted about this?

2. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

The bolts holding the contactor have been changed.

3. NorCalSJ

NorCalSJ Member

Looks like it's the fuse & fuse bolts. I had the Ludicrous upgrade performed in Dec 2015. I recently had my Annual check-up and here is a copy of part of my recent Invoice. looks like mine was OK, but they had to pull the battery to check.

Concern: Update Ludicrous Speed Retrofit Components
    Pay Type: Warranty
    Corrections: Replace HV Battery Fuse and Fuse Bolts, P85 Ludicrous Retrofitted Vehicles
    Removed the HV battery assembly from vehicle and inspected the fuse and fuse bolts for
    correct part. Correct parts have been installed, no further action required.. Re-installed
    HV battery and purged air from cooling system.
    Part Quantity
    TAPE,VENTCOVER,SIDESKI,PLUG,LONG,B
    ENT (1016434-00-B)
    Parts Replaced or Added 0.00