Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my P85D scheduled for an up grade today. The service center called me yesterday And backed me up a week saying they needed the " newer " upgrade kit since I had a newer battery. They had the old kits in stock but had to wait for this one. Since my car is a mid March 2015 build I find this suspect, there has been speculation that they have tweaked the upgrade on other threads. Possibly a slight increase in amps under ludicrous to 1600 rather than 1500. We shall see.
The plot thickens. They still may back me up on the upgrade but are now saying this kit supersedes the previous kits, does not depend on date of the battery. They have no more info and Tesla is not saying anything to them.

Well the service center put me on hold yet again and told me today that there is a new kit is based on my battery and they are waiting for the new upgrade kits for my "newer " battery. No firm date as of yet. Any one else run into this problem? 1055835-00-C is my battery number, mid May 1015 build. The whole thing sounds... Well a lot like Tesla

hmm. Mid May 2015 as a newer battery? I bought an inventory p85D in mid 2015 that was a Dec 2014 build. wonder if I got an older battery that misses some of the fun in all this? so far one other p85DL is running a full tenth faster than my best 1/4 time. (my 11.31 vs 11.22 is the fastest p85DL on dragtimes Fast Tesla Model-Ss 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com )

will be interesting to see if any P85DLs get more than 456kw.

So happy for you, Marc. Can't wait to hear back on your reactions. Try not to get arrested for excessive launching!

Thanks! It's been a long time coming :)

1055835-00-C is my battery number, mid May 1015 build. The whole thing sounds... Well a lot like Tesla

Interesting indeed... for reference, my battery's model number is below:

IMG_5198.jpg

Got mine done. It took just over 3 months from deposit to completion. Also took several phone calls to nag about availability along the way. Whether that helped on not I'm not sure, but I took the advice from others on this board to be the squeaky wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_2669.JPG
    IMG_2669.JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 35
Got mine done. It took just over 3 months from deposit to completion. Also took several phone calls to nag about availability along the way. Whether that helped on not I'm not sure, but I took the advice from others on this board to be the squeaky wheel.

Congrats!! How do you like it?

Well, I finally got "the call" and will be picking mine up first thing in the morning :)

Congrats!! How do you like it?

Well, I finally got "the call" and will be picking mine up first thing in the morning :)
As a performance car enthusiast, it is money well spent. I don't think it is a game changer as some have said but definitely good value for $5k.
11 month wait? That's brutal. Make more calls I guess.
When I picked mine up they had forgot the most important point of the uograde, the underline. They quickly remedied.
Also my battery sticker changed and now references the ludi upgrade in the text at the top of the label.

As a performance car enthusiast, it is money well spent. I don't think it is a game changer as some have said but definitely good value for $5k.
11 month wait? That's brutal. Make more calls I guess.
When I picked mine up they had forgot the most important point of the uograde, the underline. They quickly remedied.
Also my battery sticker changed and now references the ludi upgrade in the text at the top of the label.

T minus 48 hours until I drop off mine for the upgrade ! I've waited 9 months (3 of which were due to Tesla not entering the deposit properly). Now I'll make sure the underline is there after I pick up the vehicle. I wonder if mine will have an even faster 0-60 time than 2.8 seconds since it does not have the panoramic roof (I chose the metal roof). The Panny roof does add weight to the car.

Reactions: MP3Mike
T minus 48 hours until I drop off mine for the upgrade ! I've waited 9 months (3 of which were due to Tesla not entering the deposit properly). Now I'll make sure the underline is there after I pick up the vehicle. I wonder if mine will have an even faster 0-60 time than 2.8 seconds since it does not have the panoramic roof (I chose the metal roof). The Panny roof does add weight to the car.

Wow 9 months is definitely a long time, you've got me beat!
BTW don't expect the 0-60 time to be 2.8s, that's for P90DL with most likely the latest battery packs that put out even more power (see this thread - warning, it's long: Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!)