Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted the Rocklin service center today to confirm no loaner. They said they would shuttle up to 10 miles. Since we live 50 miles from the SC we will bring the car in Thursday afternoon and return when it's done. I was told that our cars are the first two to be upgraded at Rocklin and they think they will be able to do them in one full day. There are only 3 other cars scheduled for normal service that day so they will be focusing on our cars.

Sounds good. Would be great to get it back Friday.

Parts just arrived. Just got confirmation on mine going into Seattle SC for Feb 22nd for the couple of days. First knowledge of one in Seattle/WA so I look forward to being a Guinea pig.

Guidance pretty much the same: Arrive with <60 miles range. Loaner will be provided though cannot be guaranteed it will be Model S. Will check tomorrow and offer to use the carpool or Uber if they are desperate for cars.

I'm excited to get closer to the car I was originally expecting based on the mid range acceleration.

Just off phone with Dedham (Boston). They've already completed 2-3 upgrades! The improvement between 30-90mph wins it in the end for me. I hope to figure out what needs to be done to access the kw data? With it, I may be able to help build the "cold" kw table.

Just off phone with Dedham (Boston). They've already completed 2-3 upgrades! The improvement between 30-90mph wins it in the end for me. I hope to figure out what needs to be done to access the kw data? With it, I may be able to help build the "cold" kw table.
Prepare to fall in love with your P85D all over again. And consider maybe investing in a neck brace.

I took my car in to the Rocklin, CA service center last night and dropped it off for an 8 am appointment for the upgrade. There were two of us to get the first upgrades at this service center today. My car was down to 17 miles rated range when I left it at the SC and it had 8 miles this morning at 8am when I checked the ap. I checked a number of times and from about 9 am until about 3:30 I could not connect and assumed it was because they had the battery disconnected. At about 3:30 I checked and it showed it was parked with the door and frunk open and 9 miles rated range. About that time I got a call telling me there were two cars and mine still had the battery out of the car and the other car was about finished so I would not me able to pick up my car until Monday. I let them know that it appeared my car actually had battery power sense it was now registering on the ap. They then checked and it was my car that was basically finished but they still wanted to check it out since it was the first one they had done. So as of now I'm waiting to see if they finish checking everything out before the end of the day. The SC closes at 6PM and it takes us about 1 hour to get there so I would need to know before 5 pm to make it to the SC today. Right now it's 4:10 and it shows that it's parked with the door and frunk open and 9 miles rated range. So most likely won't get the car until Monday.

I took my car in to the Rocklin, CA service center last night and dropped it off for an 8 am appointment for the upgrade. There were two of us to get the first upgrades at this service center today. My car was down to 17 miles rated range when I left it at the SC and it had 8 miles this morning at 8am when I checked the ap. I checked a number of times and from about 9 am until about 3:30 I could not connect and assumed it was because they had the battery disconnected. At about 3:30 I checked and it showed it was parked with the door and frunk open and 9 miles rated range. About that time I got a call telling me there were two cars and mine still had the battery out of the car and the other car was about finished so I would not me able to pick up my car until Monday. I let them know that it appeared my car actually had battery power sense it was now registering on the ap. They then checked and it was my car that was basically finished but they still wanted to check it out since it was the first one they had done. So as of now I'm waiting to see if they finish checking everything out before the end of the day. The SC closes at 6PM and it takes us about 1 hour to get there so I would need to know before 5 pm to make it to the SC today. Right now it's 4:10 and it shows that it's parked with the door and frunk open and 9 miles rated range. So most likely won't get the car until Monday.

Same here. Car almost done but they want to do some testing Monday morning. Sacramento Friday traffic is killer so actually works out better. And they are paying for the rental due to the delay.

Same here. Car almost done but they want to do some testing Monday morning. Sacramento Friday traffic is killer so actually works out better. And they are paying for the rental due to the delay.

I got several messages "failure to download software" starting around 4 and the car went offline around 5:30. So I assume they ran into a problem. Is you car now connected to the ap? It was kind of fun to watch on the ap as they opened and closed doors, trunk and Frunk. At one point around 5 they opened both back doors. I wonder why they would be in the back seat?

I got several messages "failure to download software" starting around 4 and the car went offline around 5:30. So I assume they ran into a problem. Is you car now connected to the ap? It was kind of fun to watch on the ap as they opened and closed doors, trunk and Frunk. At one point around 5 they opened both back doors. I wonder why they would be in the back seat?

Mine won't connect to the car. Maybe my battery is still outside.

First knowledge of one in Seattle/WA so I look forward to being a Guinea pig.

Good luck being the trail blazer in your region.
The rational part of me says, maybe it's not such a bad thing to be #9 in my locale (Cincinnati).

I was also really surprised about the number of cars being upgraded in my neck of the woods. I didn't expect we had that many eligible P85Ds here. Must be a substantial number of owners going for it!

Nashville let me know that they are hoping to start scheduling in the next day or two. So now I have an estimated schedule to do scheduling. That's progress!

Nashville update - No word from the SC on scheduling. Also they claimed not to know the order of the wait list here locally. Said that the parts arrive when they arrive, that the parts come from the factory allocated to an owner and then they call that owner to schedule. They made it sound like they haven't done any retrofits yet. Anyway. . .maybe next week.

Mine did the same thing like 8 times so I wouldn't worry about it.

Mine did the same thing like 8 times so I wouldn't worry about it.

I just got a call from Tesla and they found they had missed something and had to take the battery back out to fix it. The battery is now going back into the car. They think it will be done sometime this afternoon. My wife is going to drop me off at the service center after lunch. If it doesn't get done they will provide a loaner. It's currently 9:30 and the car is still offline.

Scheduled for next week in St. Louis. They've done two already.

The Tesla website says that all service centers will be performing the upgrade.

They insinuated that they have 5 upgrade packs out of a total of 30 they will receive. Not sure if this is how many P85D owners that have assigned STL as their assigned service center for upgrade, or if there is a finite amount of these that will be done. If you're on the fence and haven't put down a deposit, better act before it's too late.

Last edited: