Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fwiw my invoice:
image.jpeg

I'm posting copies of the parts of my invoice / detailed report related to the upgrade, to see if any of you might be able to infer from these what, outside of the norm, they had to do to my pack. I'm particularly interested in the 455 "cure in place silicone cartridge adhesives," and what those might have been used for, if any of you happen to know. (I didn't notice 455 of anything in the info P85DEE shared.)

I suspect that is the adhesive used to seal the battery cover on. It is pretty big and is sealed down the middle as well, so it would take a lot of "goo".

It is interesting that each SC seems to account for supplies differently.

It seems that a few of us are seeing a couple of miscellaneous items on their invoices.

BTW hly did they hit you for sales tax?

At any rate, I'm glad to see that the upgrades have picked up some after seemingly coming to a near standstill over the last few weeks.

I wonder how many we have in here now.

That calls for another thread to help keep count.

P85DEE, yes I had to pay NJ taxes on the remaining $4500. I wish Tesla would have let me put down the full $5000 as deposit :)

My car went in yesterday. By yesterday afternoon they had the battery back in. They found one of my bushings in the front suspension was allowing too much play so they are fixing that. I should have my car back this afternoon.

This is the first ludicrous upgrade performed at the SLC service center.

My car went in yesterday. By yesterday afternoon they had the battery back in. They found one of my bushings in the front suspension was allowing too much play so they are fixing that. I should have my car back this afternoon.

This is the first ludicrous upgrade performed at the SLC service center.

Nice - keep me posted, mine gets to SLC today, so they'll likely start mine tomorrow AM.

Well, I finally got "the call" from the Burlingame service center stating that my parts are in Fremont (where I originally placed my deposit back in December when Burlingame was not an option) and they are ready to schedule me for the upgrade.

Unfortunately the earliest they have is June 28th, so another 2 months of wait time.. but at least there's a date set, which is a good step forward.

GG, any updates on your end? IIRC, you were schedule for late-May, yes?

I received mine at West Palm Beach two weeks ago, then set out on a 4,000 mike trip to, among other places, New York. I did only one launch and have not yet done another. The acceleration between 30-90 mph is transformational. Passing on two lane roads was never a problem but now the only worry is whether one might scare fellow drivers.

A young hot hatch driver in Maryland met me at a stoplight and asked about Ludicrous and Autopilot, in that order. A BMW i8 followed me for nearly an hour. Clearly non-Tesla
Drivers are learning about L.

As a couple of you have noted the upgrade is a transformation in ease of mid-range performance. Absolutely worth the $5,000!

My wHm rose by about 15%. I think that will go back to previous levels if I do.