TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ludicrous upgrades in WA

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by whitex, Jan 14, 2016.

1. whitex

whitex Member

Did anyone get their Ludicrous upgrade in WA yet? If so, when?

2. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

No, don't know how to check where I am on the wait list, though expressed interest to SoDo on 7/17 (day of announce) and ordered within a couple of hours of online orders becoming available, so hopefully not too far down the list ;-)

After hearing the additional SCs doing this upgrade now, I reached out to onlineorders and SoDo yesterday to see where things were coming along. I'll post what I hear back

3. whitex

whitex Member

#3 whitex, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    I asked to be put on the "the list" in Bellevue within a couple of day days of the announcement, put deposit down within hours of it being available online. Let me know what you hear back.

--- Update ---
    Just got scheduled for mid-march appointment. :smile:

4. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

great to hear. At Sodo? I heard back yesterday that scheduling was imminent, though I didn't get a date - maybe you're ahead of me ? :)

5. whitex

whitex Member

#5 whitex, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    Not Sodo, Bellevue. So probably a different queue. :smile:

6. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Woot! :-D. I was notified that the upgrade parts for mine arrived today and we agreed install date of Feb 22. Giddy anticipation here, though also a little worried about maybe being the Guinea pig ;-)

guidance given:

When you bring the car in we need to make sure the battery is depleted as much as possible with no more than 60 miles of range remaining.

I will provide a vehicle for you to drive while we have yours.
    Please note: Model S Loaners are limited in availability and are not guaranteed, however we can guarantee complimentary alternative transportation (i.e. valet/shuttle ride, or an Enterprise rental car) should a Loaner be unavailable.

7. whitex

whitex Member

NICE! Update us one you get it done.

8. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Will do. Also chatting with lolacarchamp and I hope to be able to get some accurate before / after CAN data :)

9. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

FYI - Picked up my p85d post ludicrous upgrade yesterday morning.

Dropped off at 8am Monday with < 20% SoC, car was test driven at 2pm post upgrade, though with SoC only slightly higher (27%) and < 10 miles. I see a few 0-60 launches, and was called approx 4pm that the car was ready, though still charging if I wanted it that night. Unfortunately, I was unable to collect it that night otherwise it would have been just a day to do vs the 2 expected.

Overall, the car feels much more responsive on the freeways at 30-50 and 50-70. 0-30 feels about the same, though it really wants to pull much harder and longer.

Initial data being posted on LolaChampCar's CAN thread for some pre/post upgrade comparisons from generous loan of their CAN logger here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/61570-Chassis-CAN-Logging-To-ASCII-Text-Plus-Graphing?p=1385060&viewfull=1#post1385060