Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrades Outside of Fremont?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten the upgrade, scheduled the upgrade, seen a list of SCs that will be performing the upgrade, heard anything from Tesla regarding the upgrade outside of Fremont?

Thanks.
Tim
(Patiently (sort of) waiting for the upgrade)

No news here in Metro DC. I believe the upgrades will be happening at Tyco and not Rockville as originally thought. As of a few days ago the service guys didn't have a timeline, nor could they tell me my position in line. It's not their fault.. go easy on them.

I spoke to the service center in Kansas City yesterday and found that they will be doing upgrades and have received some of the equipment needed to do the work in the past several weeks. No commitment on when they will start doing the upgrades here, but I did find out I am first on the list of about 20 in the area.

I contacted the the Rocklin, CA Service Center a couple of weeks ago requesting information on when they would start the upgrades. They sent me the following message:[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]At this time we have not performed retrofits for the ludicrous upgrade at our facility, it has been done at the Fremont facility in the past. Good news is; you can go onto the Tesla website under, “Tesla Gear” and purchase the upgrade. Once we receive all of the parts via mail we will reach out to you in regards to setting up an appointment and install the upgrade for you.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I hope this information answers all of your questions. If you have any further questions or concerns please do feel free to contact me using my information below. I sent a message back to them that I had paid the $500 down payment on September 26 and had called the service center before that to be put on the list for the update. At the time I called which was a couple of days after the upgrade was first announced I was told I was the 20th person on the list at Rocklin. It's interesting they are starting to install the upgrades in in other parts of the country. I wonder what the % of upgrades have been performed to date? I would guess it's pretty low.[/FONT]