Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lug cap cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting my 3 with the base wheels, and I am taking those stupid looking aero covers off. It certainly would be nice to just be able to order a kit of center hub things and be done with it. Just don't be like Tesla and charge ridiculous prices for every little thing.

One color option should be the same color that the wheel already is, and another color option should be the Tesla pearl white, since my 3 will be white. I'd prefer solid white over the pearl white, but the pearl is all we can get. Did Tesla even consult their reservation holders to ask what colors they would prefer on their 3?

Don't those center Tesla logos screw into the wheel itself? If so, they can be used to help hold the hub covers on.

Last edited:
The original design have the center cap attached to the wheel and the lug cover attach afterward on to the wheel but not to the center cap. Pulling the lug cover will leave the center cap in place. But, the aero cover will not go on the wheel with a center cap in place - it needs the center space empty.

In this current version of the lug cover, the Tesla center cap attach to this cover and not to the wheel. Pulling this lug cover will pull the center cap leaving the center space empty for the aero cover.
Just to beat this horse dead....
I will need to buy a set of Tesla center caps in addition to price of your covers, unless I want big holes, correct?

Reactions: suwaneedad
The new design is much improved. This fixes the major hassle of having to use duct tape to pull out the center caps.

I’m in at the right price. I prefer the stealth look that matches the wheel color.

I'd still like to see photos that show it installed on a wheel.

Reactions: suwaneedad
Why not make it solid without a center hole?

I would prefer a glossy black since the aero wheels are a dark grey. I don’t care to have a Tesla T to plug the center hole.

I bought the 18” wheels for ride quality and always planned on removing the aero covers, just looking for a product just like this.

Hi chojn1,
Any progress on these covers? I am really looking forward to seeing pictures from a bit further away to have a better look at what it does to the visual impression of the aero wheels without the covers.

Just an FYI, Tesla only charged me $29 including tax for 4 center caps and 20 lug nut covers. Certain vendors charge $50 just for the lug nut covers. Tesla doesn't over charge for everything....I was really impressed how inexpensive they were.

Are you talking about T Sportline for the $50 caps and $110 set? I just emailed them asking if their product is different or offers something different than the ones from Tesla and I think they mistakenly responded with “don’t even reply.” That’s disgusting customer service if that is their actual response to my question. That’s a 4x mark up and I was genuinely asking if they were made of something different to make them more expensive.

Are you talking about T Sportline for the $50 caps and $110 set? I just emailed them asking if their product is different or offers something different than the ones from Tesla and I think they mistakenly responded with “don’t even reply.” That’s disgusting customer service if that is their actual response to my question. That’s a 4x mark up and I was genuinely asking if they were made of something different to make them more expensive.

I guess the difference is they always have the set in stock and Tesla doesn't.

Reactions: rsbell