Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lug nut covers for 21 inch turbines?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought those and they fit just how you describe but tesla had to replace them for me since they lost some of them when I had my S in for service and the ones from tesla fit the same way. You could just cut off how ever much you want to get the look you desire.

I ordered these from Amazon for my MS 2015 P90DL with 21 inch grey turbines.
https://www.amazon.com/Traverse-Rid...el+s&qid=1568414150&s=automotive&sr=1-1-fkmr0

They fit the back wheels perfectly but are too long and stick out a bit on the front wheels. I cannot seem to find shorter ones on Amazon or Ebay that will fit properly on the front wheels.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks!

Do you have pics as compared to tesla black covers not installed side by side? Are the gray ones longer?

I don't think it's the lug nut covers that are too long, I think it's the lug nuts that stick out slightly more with the front wheels. I installed black wheel locks. They are all the same length right. The front ones are not as flush as the rear ones.

Maybe you want to buy shorter lug nuts, and then the lug nut covers will sit more recessed with the wheel. Although, I'm not an expert and can't comment to the safety of said hypothetical lug nuts. (my legal disclaimer :p)

I don't think it's the lug nut covers that are too long, I think it's the lug nuts that stick out slightly more with the front wheels. I installed black wheel locks. They are all the same length right. The front ones are not as flush as the rear ones.

Maybe you want to buy shorter lug nuts, and then the lug nut covers will sit more recessed with the wheel. Although, I'm not an expert and can't comment to the safety of said hypothetical lug nuts. (my legal disclaimer :p)

Gotcha … maybe i'll order these for my gray rims.

I had the same problem with the lug nut covers sticking out. I was using a set of nicer lugs from Amazon and had to switch to some old lugs off of one of my Teslas. These were just open ended lugs (instead of having a head on top) and allowed the covers to sit further in.

8B5E8A70-B6ED-4D19-9B83-C9F410B3DD11.jpeg
The Gorilla lugs fit my 19”wheels perfectly. Not sure if the 21” are a different depth.