TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lug Nut Covers sold by Evannex.com?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SarasotaModelS, Aug 15, 2015.

1. SarasotaModelS

SarasotaModelS 2016 85D Midnight Silver/black pano, 21s, Next Gen

Instead of having my current silver lug nuts powdercoated grey to match my recently powdercoated grey turbine OEM wheels, I noticed the lug nut covers sold by evannex.com as an alternative option. Any reviews on this product? Should I go with these?

Tesla Model S Lug Nut Covers

2. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

I bought the black lug nut covers directly from Tesla. I love them. Even though they are black, they blend in with the grey wheels. They are very snug but easily removable with a flathead screwdriver. The ones from Evannex look identical to the OEM Tesla covers. I say buy them.

3. SarasotaModelS

SarasotaModelS 2016 85D Midnight Silver/black pano, 21s, Next Gen

Did you buy them through a Tesla Service Center?

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Tesla will likely just give them to you if you ask.

5. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

Yes. $2 or $2.50 a piece

6. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″

If you prefer the stock parts, some time ago I bought and installed the actual grey Tesla lug nuts (not the black plastic covers) plus the grey wheel center caps directly from the parts desk at a Tesla Service Center, so I'd recommend checking with your center on availability. On the other hand the contrast of the silver nuts on dark wheels is a nice look too and I've seen some cars like this at service.