Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lug nut covers with center cap vs. large center cover, covers lugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you take the hub cap off the 18” wheel, I have seen both options:

- Rubber/Plastic lug nut covers with center cap (5 pieces)

or

- Center cover that covers the lugs (1-piece)

I keep going back and forth between what I like. I think I like the first option with 5 pieces for looks but more work to remove, especially the center piece, you need a small suction cup or I have seen duct tape rolled up to remove plus that big tweezer to remove the center piece.
The one piece installs and removes easily, not sure I like the look. Easier to remove if you want to put the aero hub back on for long trips.

Anyone do this mod and what is your preference if you have removed the aero hub cap?

When you take the hub cap off the 18” wheel, I have seen both options:

- Rubber/Plastic lug nut covers with center cap (5 pieces)

or

- Center cover that covers the lugs (1-piece)

I keep going back and forth between what I like. I think I like the first option with 5 pieces for looks but more work to remove, especially the center piece, you need a small suction cup or I have seen duct tape rolled up to remove plus that big tweezer to remove the center piece.
The one piece installs and removes easily, not sure I like the look. Easier to remove if you want to put the aero hub back on for long trips.

Anyone do this mod and what is your preference if you have removed the aero hub cap?

I prefer the look of the Rubber/Plastic lug nut covers with center cap vs the one piece cover. You should add a poll!

Tim