TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Lug nuts for 21 inch oem turbine wheels?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SarasotaModelS, Aug 15, 2015.

1. SarasotaModelS

SarasotaModelS 2016 85D Midnight Silver/black pano, 21s, Next Gen

Mar 22, 2014
    Sarasota, Florida
    I recently had my 21' silver OEM wheels powdercoated to grey. However, the lug nuts weren't powdercoated. I would like to buy an extra set of lug nuts to be powdercoated, so I could just drop them off at the shop and then pick them up after they are powdercoated without having to drop off my entire car for the day. Does anybody know the size/type of the stock lug nuts? Can I purchase these at a local auto parts store or do I have to buy them from Tesla? Note: I have wheel locks purchased from Tesla on my current wheels; therefore, lug nut covers in dark color such as those sold through aren't a possibility.

Attached Files:

2. commasign

commasign Active Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Davis, CA
    Tesla sells lug nut covers and wheel locks in the gray color. That's probably the easiest solution rather than powdercoating lug nuts. Tesla does sell the stock silver lug nuts for $2.50 each at the service center.
  3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Jun 24, 2014
    Santa Cruz Mountains, USA
    I thought about powder coating but was worried they would get marred by a sloppy mechanic. EVAnnex sells the lug covers for $50. A rip, but probably cheaper than painting. After getting the wheel locks, I took the extra cover that came when I bought the car and squeezed it over the lock. I like the look.

Alloygators 1.jpg
  4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

May 17, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've had Tesla just give me the lug not covers before. My rims were the original grey 21" runs from Tesla but they might just give them to you.