Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Lug nuts

TampaM3

Model 3 LR AWD MSM/White 18”
Jul 18, 2021
Tampa, FL
Looking for recommendations… I am on 18” Aeros and I am looking for something to improve the look of the aero rims but still allow me to pop the hub caps on when needed. I am getting the calipers painted next week and want lug nuts that look good to and not just the plastic covers.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Upvote 0

nstig8

Oct 19, 2020
Virginia
I use black forged steel nuts from Circuit Performance and I’m really happy with them.

Forged Steel Spline Drive Lug Nut for Aftermarket Wheels: 14x1.5 Black - Circuit Performance
I thought the appropriate lugs for OEM wheels were bulge style and not "tuner" lugs. I ended up going with the Gorilla 96643BDX version for this reason with the bulge conical seat type over the cheaper 71643NBC version with the standard tuner cone seat. Didn't want to risk having less contact engagement area when these cars make so much torque.

Last edited:

dorsai

Dec 29, 2018
Ohio
OEM lugs are conical seat, larger diameter than the Circuit performance but same taper. I use the blue Circuit ones on my new wheels, but the OEM lugs worked with these wheels too, if a bit too close to the walls to keep from marring if you didn't have a thin wall socket with some plastic on the outside.

nstig8

Oct 19, 2020
Virginia
OEM lugs are conical seat, larger diameter than the Circuit performance but same taper. I use the blue Circuit ones on my new wheels, but the OEM lugs worked with these wheels too, if a bit too close to the walls to keep from marring if you didn't have a thin wall socket with some plastic on the outside.
The 60° taper is the same for tuner or bulge conical seat lugs. The bulge ones just have a longer taper and shoulder. It provides more contact area to clamp the wheel to the hub. The Circuit lugs are tuner lugs which I read are not to be used with OEM-style wheels when I was researching lugs for my T-Sportline (OEM-style) wheels.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC