Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lumbar adjustment can not be saved to My Profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I found out my Model 3 can not save my lumbar position into my profile. It can be easily verified by adjusted the lumbar (the circle shape button that has four direction under the side of the seat) , and then tapped "Restore" button (besides my profile name) in the screen and the lumbar position don't go back to original place.

This problem only happened on my Model 3 . (Model X doesn't have such issue). I just wonder if it is a software bug in Model 3 or some hardware issue of my car.

Hi everyone,

I found out my Model 3 can not save my lumbar position into my profile. It can be easily verified by adjusted the lumbar (the circle shape button that has four direction under the side of the seat) , and then tapped "Restore" button (besides my profile name) in the screen and the lumbar position don't go back to original place.

This problem only happened on my Model 3 . (Model X doesn't have such issue). I just wonder if it is a software bug in Model 3 or some hardware issue of my car.

Are you saving it after you adjust? You only have a few seconds to press the save button.

First I save it by press the save button . and after that, I adjust it to a different position and a "Restore" will be shown. normally, if you press the restore button, It will restore you to the previous saved position (like if you adjust seat recline angel, and press "store", it will move back to previous saved angel) . However, for "lumbar setting". It won't restore it for you, press "Restpre" and nothing happens.

Ok
First I save it by press the save button . and after that, I adjust it to a different position and a "Restore" will be shown. normally, if you press the restore button, It will restore you to the previous saved position (like if you adjust seat recline angel, and press "store", it will move back to previous saved angel) . However, for "lumbar setting". It won't restore it for you, press "Restpre" and nothing happens.

Ok, mine does the same. If I change the lumbar, it gives me the option to save or restore. If I press restore, it acts like it's doing something, but nothing happens. Looks like a bug report is in order.

• Informative
Reactions: flying_things
Ok

Ok, mine does the same. If I change the lumbar, it gives me the option to save or restore. If I press restore, it acts like it's doing something, but nothing happens. Looks like a bug report is in order.

Thank for confirming!

Maybe another bug on Model 3, would be great if you can also confirm that:

If I try to change the telescope position of the steer wheel, the "Restore" button is grey out, so I can not even restore to my previous position.

Thank for confirming!

Maybe another bug on Model 3, would be great if you can also confirm that:

If I try to change the telescope position of the steer wheel, the "Restore" button is grey out, so I can not even restore to my previous position.

Yep, same here, but if I also adjust the steering wheel up or down, the restore button lights up and it will put both the telescope and the tilt back into my stored position.