Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lumbar question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe a stupid question - the round lumbar button has 4 directions. Mine only seems to do things when I press forward, up, and down. Back does nothing. This behavior is consistent with both of my front seats.

Does yours do anything when you press back?

If borked, strange that both of my front seats do this. Need to see if I should have this addressed at my upcoming service appt (car was delivered with a dent in the trunk lid).

Maybe a stupid question - the round lumbar button has 4 directions. Mine only seems to do things when I press forward, up, and down. Back does nothing. This behavior is consistent with both of my front seats.

If borked, strange that both of my front seats do this. Need to see if I should have this addressed at my upcoming service appt (car was delivered with a dent in the trunk lid).
Should be forward, backward,up and down.
Had that issue on my first tm3 (although, for all directions), they reset it at the SC
Also, just fyi: the lumbar settings are not saved to your profile in the tm3, which is annoying af

So your forward does something but your back doesn't? Shouldn't your forward not be working too if the back doesn't work? Once you're all the way forward your forward won't work anymore.

You do know that the back only works if it's not all the way back...

I have the same situation in my MY. Thanks for asking eisenb11, as I was going to post a similar question!

Rich

So after playing around with it a bit... maybe it's not broken after all (... that sounds so wrong out of context).

Forward, Up and Down make motor sounds. Back deflates it which is done silently and slowly so it's easy to think the thing is broken. False alarm, carry on, carry on!

Reactions: house9
So after playing around with it a bit... maybe it's not broken after all (... that sounds so wrong out of context).

Forward, Up and Down make motor sounds. Back deflates it which is done silently and slowly so it's easy to think the thing is broken. False alarm, carry on, carry on!
It is a bladder. It uses a motor to pump air into it to inflate. To deflate it simply opens the valve to let the air under pressure to escape like a ballon. If you listen you can hear the air hissing out.